Anyone ever snarf other peoples pizza at Chuck E Cheese?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Even if it's free I'm not eating bad pizza. I'd get rid of it and order something good.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I said "sucks compared to," not "sucks to the point of not being edible."

I would never sit back and think "I want a good burger, let's go to McDonald's (or pretty much any other fast food place)." But I do get them all the time when I'm driving somewhere.

Just like there are some places I wouldn't buy pizza from, but very few I would refuse to eat if offered. It's also ridiculous for people to claim there is no quality difference between a $5 and $20 pizza, or a $2 hamburger and a $10 burger, at least in general. Yeah, more expensive food can suck too, but in general you get a big step up in quality going from the super cheap to the restaurant quality. Although there is a burger place here that people love that I literally think is shit and I would take any of the fast food places over it.
Well, given the impetus of this entire discussion was basically that Chuck E. Cheese pizza isn't shitty, I guess we agree? :p

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
McDonalds is McDonalds. It's like being happy with your new Corolla, and being told the M3 is better. Yea, no shit. There's a lot of reasons an M3 is better, but the Corolla will still get your groceries, and keep the rain off your head. Not being the best doesn't equal shitty.
A Corolla would be more comparable to some low or no-sugar whole foods you get at a grocery store. Boring, unsexy...but you won't have to take it to the shop except for regular maintenance and the essentials can last a long time.

Except the value menu, McDonalds is poor value from a calorie or nutrient per dollar standpoint. The oils are also subjected to rough and tough conditions, leading to the formation of cancer-causing chemicals.
It's more like a GM or Korean car product. First 100k, you notice nothing, but shit will happen eventually.

Reactions: lxskllr

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Well, given the impetus of this entire discussion was basically that Chuck E. Cheese pizza isn't shitty, I guess we agree? :p
I already said that on the first page. Pretty sure I was the first defender of it. It's not great pizza, but there is much worse around.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I already said that on the first page. Pretty sure I was the first defender of it. It's not great pizza, but there is much worse around.
One thing's for sure, it's not worth going around and collecting uneaten slices from other tables as you leave. Much like the all you can eat chain Ci-ci's it's about as bland as it gets. Special mention for Hungry Howie's too, God that's a horrible pie.

Reactions: Captante and Zorba

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Was going to post a Snarf pic but that happened 3 pages back.

Now I will just say that Chuck e Cheese pizza is shit compared to most other pizza available. I'd rather have a Wild Mike's frozen pizza-flavored cardboard disk with cheese food topping and meat-like circles than a Chuck e Cheese pizza.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Wild Mike’s, now you’ve given me flashbacks to truly shitty pizza. I and a coworker were coming off two weeks of field work and pizza sounded totally awesome. Not being local, we picked the wrong place. It was the worst pizza since Sir Pizza. The disappointment was palpable.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Wild Mike’s, now you’ve given me flashbacks to truly shitty pizza. I and a coworker were coming off two weeks of field work and pizza sounded totally awesome. Not being local, we picked the wrong place. It was the worst pizza since Sir Pizza. The disappointment was palpable.
I didn't know they were anything other than a brand of frozen pizza. It's a decent frozen pizza, at least.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
When did Wild Mike's come into existence? I've only seen it recently. Never ate it because 5+ for a pie is not cost-effective even with a clean bill of health.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
When did Wild Mike's come into existence? I've only seen it recently. Never ate it because 5+ for a pie is not cost-effective even with a clean bill of health.
It's larger than typical frozen pizzas, did you factor that into your equation?
And the better frozen pies are typically over $5 in any case...

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Now available at Kroger in the frozen food aisle:

323beaeb06df4427ec37d9f198158f1a.jpg

;)

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I didn't know they were anything other than a brand of frozen pizza. It's a decent frozen pizza, at least.
Oops, it was Mountain Mike’s that was terribad pizza. I’ve never had Wild Mike’s pizza so I withdraw my critique.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
I thought the whole point of CEC was so mom can get smashed while little Johnny runs around and plays games. Oh and get into fights because of said alcohol.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Was going to post a Snarf pic but that happened 3 pages back.

Now I will just say that Chuck e Cheese pizza is shit compared to most other pizza available. I'd rather have a Wild Mike's frozen pizza-flavored cardboard disk with cheese food topping and meat-like circles than a Chuck e Cheese pizza.

According to the signs they have on the tables, the new recipe is rated higher than Dominos :tearsofjoy:. It is much better than when I a kid.

I have to admit, I'd try it, at least once. :p It's like when someone says how terrible a movie is, you're still tempted to try to watch it anyway.

A lot of times the frozen version is nothing like the real version.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
When my friends and I were around 16 we would go to Chuck e Cheese because they would sell us beer....

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba