Anyone ever seen a therapist just for the hell of it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: D1gger
Originally posted by: Baloo
Engraver may be on to something there. OP, your notion about not having issues is wrong. Everybody has issues - no exceptions. If you go, you won't like what you discover about yourself. Believing you have no issues, you are in for a rude surprise.

QFT.

And when I went to one (a psychologist, not a psychiatrist) for a few months to sort out some issues, he charged $100 for a 50 minute session.

My guy charges $150 for 45 minutes. Luckily the co-pay is 10 bucks.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Welp, it's largely one of those "warning sign" vocations innit? There is something fundamentally wrong with those who want to control or fiddle with others mentally or physically -whether that is the-rapists, cops, doctors, morticians, and so on. But we accept them because we don't want to do it. The-rapists are worst 'cause their value is questionable and self-serving -more akin to priests/shamans and the like.

beguile

Oct 28, 2004
Originally posted by: darkxshade
Actually if you knew me, you would know I'm quite shy and thus hate attention but sure that could be a talking point.

That explains your desire to want to go see a therapist. You need help getting out of your shell and you are craving for the attention. If you need help, go see a therapist. Honestly, it wouldn't hurt.

You can tell us how it's like. That's something odd to be curious about.

beguile

Oct 28, 2004
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: Baloo
Engraver may be on to something there. OP, your notion about not having issues is wrong. Everybody has issues - no exceptions. If you go, you won't like what you discover about yourself. Believing you have no issues, you are in for a rude surprise.

Yeah, I used to think that about myself but I've discovered over the years that I have plenty of issues. Only a person who has never really looked at themselves or is in denial says they have no issues.

Obviously everyone has issues but the degree of issues varies. Most people can resolve their own issues and others need therapist to help them resolve their own issues. It's part of life, just learn how to deal with it.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: darkxshade
Actually if you knew me, you would know I'm quite shy and thus hate attention but sure that could be a talking point.

and how does that make you feel?