Anyone ever played Garry's mod here?

RoboChobo

Jul 20, 2011
I'm planning to buy Garry's mod and I have no idea what it is but many people have this game and they shower it with praise.

What type of game is this?
Is this like TF2? 10 vs 10?
Are their servers to play in like css, warcraft mod or arma 2 mod servers?

They say it's a sand box game, and it sounds like I have to make maps and characters and etc

If I buy this, what should I expect or what are your recommendations to play?

Been watching youtube video's of it and I'm still confused. and I'm gonna check that wiki link thanks.

Last edited:

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Its not a game as such, it allows you to play the other games people have created with the mod by joining their servers. You can also just start your own game and do the whole sandbox thing, maybe build a vehicle, attach 50 rockets to it, die trying to fly said vehicle :thumbsup:

I used to play zombie survival on it and it was awesome fun, dropping sofas down a ladder shaft to kill several other players turning them into zombies to up the challenge a bit :sneaky: zs sucks nowadays but theres other games to try on gmod. I remember one where everyone on the server had to piece together a boat in 5 minutes or drown, with limited pieces to use and many people not knowing what the hell to do... hilarity ensues :D

Dont know what gmod is like nowadays but i had a blast with it.