Anyone ever hear of this one? (Car buying related)

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
My roommate just came home saying something about that heard heard that some states has laws against dealerships selling vehicles with unmatching tires. He bought a car about a month ago and it came with three matching and one unmatching.

Anyone here anything like this before? It is news to me if it is in fact true.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
If true, it's only because it is potentially dangerous to drive that way. I'm sure it only applies to cars that must be sold with a minimum warranty, and not those sold "as is."

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Yeah, that is what I am kind of thinking. I am just curious where the hell my roommate would actually find information on that.

The car is a 2000 Ford Focus Zx3. It does have warranty left.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
I believe most states have all their current laws posted online. My state does. There's all sorts of interesting stuff on there (and a lot of boring stuff too.)

chickendinner

Banned
Jan 31, 2002
Allways inspect a car before you buy it. Tires are a very good thing to look at when buying a used car. Too bad that happened to him; is he going to take it back and get another tire?

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
chickendinner- Yeah, he knew about the mismatching tires when he bought it. He will take it back if he can actually find an Alaskan Law that says something about that.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
He'll find out through this ordeal that it is much easier to get this stuff taken care of before he buys the car. Law or not, he probably could have gotten the dealer to take care of it before he signed.