anyone ever do a hair transplant?? i have some questions

jjyiz28

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2003
im 26, and im afraid my hair is thinning at the top. also, at highschool i had a receding hair line, but it seemed to stop when i was 20 or so. my questions are...

how much did it cost??
how long did it take with how many grafts??
how is the healing process??
which prodedure did you do?
do you have a before and after picture??
were you satisfied with the results??

cyclistca

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2000
I would never let someone drill holes in my head because of vanity or low self esteem.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I worked with a guy who started going bald in his 20's. He went for one of the "hair transplant" procedures...It was funny as hell. You could see all the little holes in his head, where they transplanted the hair...everyone called him "Barbie-doll head"...because it did indeed look like a doll's head...holes in the scalp with hair growing out of them...all in nice neat rows...
He never finished the treatments...said it hurt too much, and he got too much ridicule over it...Last time I saw him, all the transplanted hair had died off, and he was bald as a cueball again.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Trippin315
Shave your head. It is so much easier and cheaper.

That's what I did. I have a Matt Lauer thing going on now. The chicks seem to dig it :D

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Trippin315
Shave your head. It is so much easier and cheaper.

I'm looking forward to doing that soon. I'd be there already if my wife didn't object.

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
Go to Bosley. They do each hair one at a time I beileve. Can't tell the difference. However I think it costs like $5000 - $10,000.

Have you tried using rogain? It's pretty cheap nowadays. Actually just buy %5 monoxadil. Same thing and way cheaper. And even if it doesn't regrow it, it can at least keep the hair that is there and keep it healthy and thicker.