Anyone ever build a Home Theatre with a TV like this?

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
xj9l.jpg

Not a real good pic. That is 6 1080p LED TV's professionally put together with no Bezel and an outside bezel added. 5760 x 2160 Resolution in total. This is at my work for a Command Center showing Tweets, about our company. I believe they are 50" Sharp Quattron 240Hz TVs

Would building a TV like this be cheaper than buying a 4k TV? I have no idea what this thing cost to put together.

Idea intrigues me for a future basement project with a High end Gaming Rig powering it rather than a projector system.

Durvelle27

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2012
xj9l.jpg

Not a real good pic. That is 6 1080p LED TV's professionally put together with no Bezel and an outside bezel added. 5760 x 2160 Resolution in total. This is at my work for a Command Center showing Tweets, about our company. I believe they are 50" Sharp Quattron 240Hz TVs

Would building a TV like this be cheaper than buying a 4k TV? I have no idea what this thing cost to put together.

Idea intrigues me for a future basement project with a High end Gaming Rig powering it rather than a projector system.
It depends on how many tvs are used and I don't anybody did something like this for a Home Theater not that I know of. My home theater has a 110" @1080 120Hz.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Good God. And that's still cheaper than a 4k panel? I find that a tad hard to believe. Does it have a single input for all 6 panels? If it doesn't I think that will be the biggest hurdle to overcome for HT use.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Good God. And that's still cheaper than a 4k panel? I find that a tad hard to believe. Does it have a single input for all 6 panels? If it doesn't I think that will be the biggest hurdle to overcome for HT use.

Eyefinity?

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Ill take more pics tomorrow

Not sure how it connects - will find out more, but I imagine 2 video cards. It can be used as One Giant high Res screen, or all 6 can have separate screens on.

I work for a Huge tech company. Office is filled with toys. I have a Customer Relationship Management style job. I love it.

We have Ipads with custom software on them to control conference rooms too.

There is BARELY any space between the screens other than the lines. I didn't know these even existed until they installed it.

Last edited:

KAZANI

Sep 10, 2006
Normally, vertical fault lines on a screen are considered to be defects, but then again marketing brainwashing works wonders on shallow people with too much money to burn.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Panasonic professional models do that, and are used a lot in sports bars. You can configure them as one big screen, or separate screens.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Normally, vertical fault lines on a screen are considered to be defects, but then again marketing brainwashing works wonders on shallow people with too much money to burn.

ok.... This is tech site? Vertical lines or not it's pretty cool.

Here are some examples (with some branding wiped out)

The monitors are being controlled by this little PC... not sure how this thing works. I was able to move the mouse around all 6 screens using this little PC box and mouse.

Last edited: