Anyone ever been to Japan?

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
I'll be going during the summer and I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on hotels and such:

What's the best neighborhood/price combo? Where's a fairly decent area with generally good hotel rates? I know Japan's expensive overall, but if you know of a place that's easily accessible to the transit system, and has a good price, where would it be?

I think right now, my biggest concern is the hotel rate, I'm prepared to spend big bucks on the high cost of things there, but any tips on areas that i can cut corners on to save money would be very helpful.

BTW, two people will be occupying the hotel room.

:cool:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I was there a couple of weeks ago. It is pricey. A cheap hotel in a good area will be impossible in Tokyo :( My parents paid for a nice apartment for us all :D

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I was there a couple of weeks ago. It is pricey. A cheap hotel in a good area will be impossible in Tokyo :( My parents paid for a nice apartment for us all :D

Antoneo

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
Whoa, another person planning to go this summer :).

I was thinking of going to Japan with a friend for a weeklong vacation. It would be the first time out of the USA in about oh twelve years or so. Any particular places that have be visited? I'd like to know as well!

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
I'm going for fun, since i get a week off of work over the summer and i'll be out of school..

I'm sure it's going to be the complete OPPOSITE of my taiwan trip 3 months ago, which was dirt cheap! (aside from the $900 airfare)

I'll continue researching hotels and report any good finds i may come across :)

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
What do you consider cheap? I paid $70 a night for a hotel that was a 5min walk from Roppongi last summer, I thought it was a great deal.

btw, Japan you have to pay for each person, not per room so keep that in consideration.

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
yes, but im not sure about accomodations. i went with my japanese speaking friends family, so they handled everything.

*shrug* nice place. crazy electronics. ugly girls.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Crappopotamus
yes, but im not sure about accomodations. i went with my japanese speaking friends family, so they handled everything.

wtf dude, japanese girls are HOT! well most of them that i know anyways.....

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Lithium381

*shakes head* pics or liar. i went to japan man, and i saw very few hot girls. hk there were far more. korean girls though are where its at.

tennisflip

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Japan is an expensive country. And the people in Tokyo dress exceptionally well. I felt like a scrub the whole time I was there.

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
yeah i agree... i mean you'll see a certain portion of teens where sneakers but for the most part, people, young adults, they wear dress shoes, etc. not too many cheap tshirt outfits there.

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
Originally posted by: kami333
What do you consider cheap? I paid $70 a night for a hotel that was a 5min walk from Roppongi last summer, I thought it was a great deal.

btw, Japan you have to pay for each person, not per room so keep that in consideration.

this hotel have a website or anything?

Kaieye

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
http://www.tctv.ne.jp/members/sawanoya/

Try the above place for a cheap and clean place to stay. I was there about 12 years ago and my Japanese friend recommended it to me. Remember that each room does not have a toilet so you have to use the one down the hall. And rinse yourself down before you get into the tub of hot water. It's pretty close to Ueno Park.

Have fun Gaijin!

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
[nd the people in Tokyo dress exceptionally well. I felt like a scrub the whole time I was there.

The people *everywhere* dress exceptionaly well compared to the states...

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Lithium381

*shakes head* pics or liar. i went to japan man, and i saw very few hot girls. hk there were far more. korean girls though are where its at.

I went to both, and there were more good looking Japanese chicks compare to Korean chicks who are generally fat and augmented by their fat cheeks. However, in the states there are more hot Korean chicks, and they put out more compare to Japanese ones. (At least in the D.C area)

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
there were plenty of hot women in japan :p all about personal preference. but yeah.. i stayed in a business more business area in a small hotel.. not really near anything fun.. i can't remember the name of it...

but it was only $65/night :) all i needed was a place to sleep. unfortunately, my post is useless as I lost the bookmark to the list of hotels :(

Antoneo

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
Hrmm, should I go to Europe, Japan, or Korea??? I gotta go somewhere this summer but I guess the destination is still up for grabs. :)