Anyone else wheezing?

Kenny

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2002
Ever since the first day of Fall, I've gotten a sore throat, some coughing, and now some wheezing. I've been drinking boatloads of water and eating oatmeal. Got some medicine my parents got for me and it doesn't seem to be helping too much. I used to cough a lot during the night; violent coughing, so loud that my parents woke up. Last night I didn't cough at all, but I'm coughing more in the day time. I don't know if I'm getting better or worse.

This happened to me two years ago too, but it took almost 3 months to stop it. I thought it was asthma, but inhalers didn't do much for me.

Anyone know what can help get rid of it? I'm looking to buy a humidifier if I don't get better soon. It's getting really annoying too. Imagine watching a movie when you have to cough every 5-10 minutes...

I was thinking about seeing a doctor, but I don't feel that sick, and I don't have healthcare. (College student and medical care just got cut) Every time I saw a doctor when I was wheezing, they gave me some BS medicine that didn't work.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Allergies are bad this year.

Be careful that you aren't allergic to that oatmeal it might be the thing setting you off.

Kenny

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2002
^ for day #6 since the first sign

And no, I don't smoke at all. I don't hang out anywhere that has second hand smoke either.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Just got my prescriptions for Allegra and Rhinocort filled. $60 freakin' dollars!! WTH?? $30 co-pay? Damn insurance! :|