Anyone else watch Sarah Connor tonight?

Sep 29, 2004
I thought the episode was pretty good overall. Probably the second best episode after episode 2.

No real WTF moments. The image enhancement(turn 4 pixels into a high res terminator head) was a bit stupid in this day and age but it wasn't that bad.

Now for my question. Did anyone watch the preview for next week? Remember that 4th resistant member who wasn't at the apartment when the bad terminator killed the other 3? We meet him next week. In the preview, was that Justin Timberlake?

Sep 29, 2004
It's not great, but it is definitely good enough to watch. I hope it makes season 2 because I think they are going to learn alot from season 1.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: IHateMyJob2004
I thought the episode was pretty good overall. Probably the second best episode after episode 2.

No real WTF moments. The image enhancement(turn 4 pixels into a high res terminator head) was a bit stupid in this day and age but it wasn't that bad.

Now for my question. Did anyone watch the preview for next week? Remember that 4th resistant member who wasn't at the apartment when the bad terminator killed the other 3? We meet him next week. In the preview, was that Justin Timberlake?

why did the enemy cyborg shut down after he was shot in the eye?

why didnt the kid nail it dead when it was shut down?

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
lol i like the part where the military robot guy walked into the guys apartment and grabbed him by the neck and brought him over to the mirror. Then he smashed his face on the mirror lmao. Was really fast and really funny :D

Dessert Tears

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDI
why did the enemy cyborg shut down after he was shot in the eye?

why didnt the kid nail it dead when it was shut down?
The Terminator went back into standby after it killed Mike and re-secured the bunker; it didn't see John. John didn't have a weapon able to damage the Terminator - even if he ran it over with the truck, it would wake up, and he would be stuck with it inside the bunker.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I like it.

I don't think it's a bad show as long as you're not going into it with the expectations that it'll be like T2-style quality.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Originally posted by: rocadelpunk
junkfood tv

luvvv it.
Pretty much.

This episode was kinda boring for me. I didn't watch the Terminator movies for the plot - I watched it for the cool action and sci-fi aspects. This is kind of lacking in that.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
It sucks compared to T1 and T2 and the actors are badly cast but at least it's something to watch after Prison Break.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: 13Gigatons
It sucks compared to T1 and T2 and the actors are badly cast but at least it's something to watch after Prison Break.

I disagree, the "bad-guy" terminators have been very well cast. The milf playing Sarah is also well cast.

I thought the show was pretty intense. Loved the scene where John had to get the key to open the blast doors. :thumbsup:

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Has anybody else picked up the little subtle nods?

The female Terminator's name is Cameron . . . IE, James Cameron. That one's pretty easy.

But the black FBI agent, Agent Ellison . . . reference to Harlan Ellison, author of "Demon With a Glass Hand", inspiration for the original Terminator.

In the bunker, the name on the side of truck was Tetsuo Corporation. Anyone seen the Japanese movie Tetsuo: The Iron Man?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
saw the first 3 episodes. 3rd episode was horrible. forgot to watch 4th, then came into this week's about 15 minutes late. had no clue what was going on but it was better than the 3rd attempt. I'll keep giving it a shot until it induces vomiting.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
This last episode was kind of yawn-inducing until John inexplicably jumped into the back of the truck. The bit with the captured guard and Cameron was hilarious.

Better than Bionic Woman!

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
It's not Grade A, but it's very watchable. Kinda liking it even after thinking the pilot was a joke. More terminator in highschool wouldn't be too bad;).

Oh, and anyone else think Summer Glau really looks like Amy Acker (Fred on Angel)?