Anyone else using mlb.tv to watch games?

Jul 12, 2001
the video seems to continuously stall, especially it seems to happen any time there is a play

i watched it last year when i got it free for a month and I never had any problems. So far I have tried it on 2 different computers (neither have been my home computer yet that i used last year)

has anyone else been having this problem this year?

T3C

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2003
I have not checked it out this year. Because last yesr was bad.

jdub1107

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2003
Haven't used it since the first year it came out. Always had problems, might have been due to RealPlayer though. Also, ESPN the customer service sucks. Took them 3-4 days to reply.

Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: TechITguy
I have not checked it out this year. Because last yesr was bad.

last year i thought it was fine...this year though im pretty dissappointed...only thing i could think of is that last year when I had it, it was the middle of the summer and maybe there were a lot less people watching, the same with some spring training games ive watched this year.

maybe its just because everyone watches the first week of games?

jdub1107

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2003
I'm glad this thread was created. I was actually thinking of getting it again this year so that I could watch while I'm at work and at home. Much cheaper and more convenient than getting the MLB package. But from your review, I guess I won't be getting it.

jst0ney

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2003
I used it last year and it was OK. Some games were great some stalled all the time. It was really hit or miss. Didn't sign up this year because I moved and now the Mariners are in the local market and blacked out most of the time. Besides they are on cable which is always good quality.

bigj3347

Sep 19, 2004
just signed up for it, not bad. Only saw the sox/yankees game yesterday and it worked well. Lagged a few times but always recovered. Its about as good as can be expected from streaming video, imo.

Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: jdub1107
I'm glad this thread was created. I was actually thinking of getting it again this year so that I could watch while I'm at work and at home. Much cheaper and more convenient than getting the MLB package. But from your review, I guess I won't be getting it.

its not bad...probably depends on the game...on opening day i watched mets/reds and it lagged at times, but in general was good.

now i am watching red sox/yanks and its really choppy...might depend on the traffic

like i said mid-season it was great, would have 2 games going on different computers and never lagged at all