Anyone else upset with BF3 exclusive content pack?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Considering they did this before, or something similar, with Battlefield Heroes and they noticed that letting people buy weapons had no substantial impact on game-play (from what I remember reading, the stats showed that people who bought guns didn't perform any better than those that hadn't. The marginal difference between weps wasn't enough to suddenly make people better or screw up the game), this isn't that surprising.

Hmmm, I wonder if thats impacted by "weaker" players buying guns because they think it will make them better and in the end they are still just not very good? If you can just unlock the guns later (don't know if this is the case in Heroes) then "stronger" players will just wait until they get the unlock.

Personally in BF2 and BC2 I'm a middle of the pack player (usually top 5 in a server but I've run into enough good players to know my place) and I would never buy weapons I could just unlock later. Now if they are exclusive, such as the "SA" (SPECACT or something like that) weapons in BC2, I'll buy them (for a reasonable price) just to get the extra pins/awards they open up. It's silly, I know, but for some reason I really enjoy going after all the awards I can while still helping my side win.

In this case it will be interesting to see if these really are different weapons or new skins like the "SA" guns.

RobertPters77

Feb 11, 2011
Yes.

I almost did not purchase new vegas because of the retailer exclusive content. But it was a single player game so it doesn't matter as much.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
Local or online? Address please :D

It's in the UK from Game so not much use to you ;) £25 instead of the £30 for the plain one.

I know I can buy it cheaper elsewhere but I always get the games delivered 1-3 days before I can use the blighters & accrue points to put towards saving on future purchases.