Anyone else tired of the word 'IPOD'?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I don't hate the iPod nearly as much as the "podcast"

its either streaming radio or a playlist. Who do you think you are? a word-iologist?

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero
Originally posted by: jndietz
i think ipods are just a fashion accessory.

Yeah. Nobody even puts music on them.

lol that isn't what i meant :laugh: i mean i think people buy them just because it looks cool, they use them for the purpose, but they have an ultierior motive.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I'm tired of the word 'the'. It's the most overused word in the world. Look at the number of times I've used it already!!

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
About reality tv -
The setting and events may be orchestrated to a degree but people are free to react in a real way. They aren't paid to act and repeat scripted dialog.
Reality tv is not the misnomer people claim.

Yes, I'm tired of the iPod receiving preferential media treatment.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: acemcmac
I don't hate the iPod nearly as much as the "podcast"

its either streaming radio or a playlist. Who do you think you are? a word-iologist?

I view it as more of a subscription model of regularly-updated content.
But I'm not fond of the word podcast myself.

KrillBee

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2005
Originally posted by: The J
It'd be nice to see Creative or some other player company to put some TV ads up. That could help create a bit of competition in the market since people will see that there's something different.

im not sure if that would matter. iPod has already established itself as the biggest thing in the mp3 player market. it may be too late for a competitor to take back market shares.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: KrillBee
Originally posted by: The J
It'd be nice to see Creative or some other player company to put some TV ads up. That could help create a bit of competition in the market since people will see that there's something different.

im not sure if that would matter. iPod has already established itself as the biggest thing in the mp3 player market. it may be too late for a competitor to take back market shares.

basically. everyone else should have emptied everything at the chance of good adverts back in the day. now they have fvked up and have no chance of recovering.

Mickey Eye

Apr 14, 2005
I have an iPod. I don't use the white headphones because I don't like in ear headphones in general. I don't stand around on buses, iPod in hand, furiously trying to get noticed. Believe it or not I currently use almost 2 thirds of its 60 (or 55 or whatever it actually is) Gigabyte capacity because believe it or not I have more than 200 songs. I previously had a cheap 512Mb mp3 player but found that I could never be bothered to write playlists and change the music so I spent 3 months listening to the same 150 or so songs. The interface, while having its limitations (I so want to customise the menu system) is simple to the point of stupidity.

The iPod popularity is just a fad until something better comes along. But iHate is infinitly worse, why hate something because it's popular. Because you can? Well great, I can buy whatever I want and the day that your opinion matters to me will be a sad day indeed.