Anyone else think that Mos Def is a really good actor?

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
After seeing his performance in Italian Job, I think he should do more movies. I know he had a really short role in that Deniro/Eddie movie (forgot name).

I like his role and his acting in the Italian Job, and I think he really is into art/culture/etc.., especially after listening to his songs. His music isn't like mainstream rap, no this is actually some good stuff. Listen to songs like 'Redefinition" by Talib Kweli and Mos Def to get an idea of his songs. Anohter good songs is 'Umi Says' as well.

Mos Def even sang a 3 minute song on water...

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis
i thought he was goon in the Italian Job also

dude, are you one of them "recently-changed-membernames" people? kami? millenium?

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
I think he's a good actor, but a much better rapper. His solo stuff and Blackstar stuff(him and Talib) is top self.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: MaxDSP

dude, are you one of them "recently-changed-membernames" people? kami? millenium?

Recently changes as in 2-3 weeks ago

And I?m none of those people you mentioned.

There was a thread about it. I suggest you search

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: tweakmm
I think he's a good actor, but a much better rapper. His solo stuff and Blackstar stuff(him and Talib) is top self.

definately (regarding his songs). But I think he could be an awesome actor as well, he just need sthe right movie. I hope he does well as an actor and a rapper, cause he seems like a genuinely nice & intelligent guy who could do some good to society/community.

poopaskoopa

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2000

It'd be easier if you'd just answer the question... Anyway, I thought Mos Def didn't do anything to make an impression in that movie. Then again, I didn't watch the finished version(I caught the movie as a demo audience back in April).

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
I saw Italian Job last night. I agree that Mos Def stole the show. His facial expressions when seeing Skinny Pete were priceless :D

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
After seeing his performance in Italian Job, I think he should do more movies. I know he had a really short role in that Deniro/Eddie movie (forgot name).

I like his role and his acting in the Italian Job, and I think he really is into art/culture/etc.., especially after listening to his songs. His music isn't like mainstream rap, no this is actually some good stuff. Listen to songs like 'Redefinition" by Talib Kweli and Mos Def to get an idea of his songs. Anohter good songs is 'Umi Says' as well.

Mos Def even sang a 3 minute song on water...

You think he is into art/culture/etc? You know he hosts Def Poetry right?

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002

Click on his heatware and you shall find out who he is.