Anyone else surprised Blizzard hasn't been sued yet by stupid parents & bloodthirsty lawyers?

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
You have been able to drink alcohol in online games for years, what's different now?

PsharkJF

Jul 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Malak
You have been able to drink alcohol in online games for years, what's different now?

qft, and there's bigger fish for the content police to fry - GTA3

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
The only reason parents can sure Blizzard over WoW is because the game alone is a drug... :D

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
You should know by now, the only thing people care about in videogames is nudity.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit
Originally posted by: Modeps
You should know by now, the only thing people care about in videogames is nudity.

And running over the po-pos with a semi.

I really dont think they care about that... the only time it becomes an issue is when Jack Thompson comes in or someone uses a video game as a defense for their shameful acts.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Malak

American culture is growing more & more entitled, blame-free (everything is someone else's fault) and litigious

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit
Originally posted by: Modeps

And running over the po-pos with a semi.

Nah, the GTA series has featured this over the course of five games spanning a decade. The only time it had legal issues was when an aftermarket download featured four pixels depicting a nipple. Violence is fine in our culture; sex and chemically altered states of mind are not.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
I think it's a valid concern. The thought police have banned tobacco adds on television. Anti-tobacco nazis have also tried to ban it from being shown in TV and movies, so it's reasonable to assume games are next.

I remember going to a non-alcoholic beer site once, and they required you to confirm you were over 21. WTF! Why do you need to be over 21 to see pictures of non-alcoholic beer? So I can see the same thing happening in video games where alcohol usage in a game is banned or restricted to those over 21.