Anyone Else See This?

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Was reading SI this morning and was like WOW...then I saw the video, and double wow..

Article

Video

He deserves to be suspended for the rest of the season. But, as a hockey fan (Flyers :( ), can you imagine the ratings when these two players meet on the ice again?

TheoPetro

Banned
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: FilmCamera
Meh...just hit the guy a bit.

ok a hockey stick's mass compaired to a guy's is almost nill. the kenetic energy he absorbed to knock him on his ass like that is insane. if that was a bit lower and hit him in the neck he may not be alive right now

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: TheoPetro

ok a hockey stick's mass compaired to a guy's is almost nill. the kenetic energy he absorbed to knock him on his ass like that is insane. if that was a bit lower and hit him in the neck he may not be alive right now

Yep could have easily hit his trachea or an artery or something, since it hit his chin...just a little lower and he might have been charged with murder.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: SVT Cobra
as a hockey fan (Flyers :( )

<nelson>Ha-ha!</nelson>

FilmCamera is a troll. Ignore him.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004

so so lucky. i'm surprised that his chin didn't split wide open.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
He should be suspended for the rest of the year. The guy that got hit started it when he hit him from behind. It was a dirty hit and Simon had every reason to pound that guy to a bloody pulp. Unfortunately he lost his cool and hit him with his stick.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
I think the NHL suspended him indefinitely, if I was reading the ESPN ticker correctly.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
LOL filmcamera is such a troll.

Yup. I'm a troll because I don't like Ford. Must be a troll!

I've seen you troll in other threads. STFU. Nobody likes you.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Oooh that looks bad. He should be (and is) suspended indefinitely.

FilmCamera is a troll btw.

FilmCamera

Nov 12, 2006
Originally posted by: mugs

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about sir. Everyone likes me. Everyone that knows me at least. You people here don't know me. And also none of you have a sense of humor and take everything posted on internet forums way to seriously.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about sir. Everyone likes me. Everyone that knows me at least. You people here don't know me. And also none of you have a sense of humor and take everything posted on internet forums way to seriously.

You're the one getting upset and continually responding?

:laugh:

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
I don't like the way hockey has institutionalized/condoned fighting as a part of the sport ... although I grew up watching the Edmonton Oilers in their 80s heyday ... I don't watch hockey anymore. The occasional fight should be handled as in other sports ... suspensions, not a 5 minute penalty. I don't want my kids playing a higher level of hockey because of the inherent violence condoned in the game today.

FilmCamera

Nov 12, 2006

You're the one getting upset and continually responding?

:laugh:

I made a post.

That somehow makes me upset or somehow validates something you're thinking? Well whatever buddy. You might want to take the laughing thing out there cuz all you are doing is laughing at yourself.

FilmCamera

Nov 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Patt
I don't like the way hockey has institutionalized/condoned fighting as a part of the sport ... although I grew up watching the Edmonton Oilers in their 80s heyday ... I don't watch hockey anymore. The occasional fight should be handled as in other sports ... suspensions, not a 5 minute penalty. I don't want my kids playing a higher level of hockey because of the inherent violence condoned in the game today.

******. The hockey games I used to watch...the refs would just sit and watch and let the guys fight for a while, then break it up and everyone would go back to play.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Patt

it all comes down to conn smythe's quote, "If you can't beat 'em in the alley you can't beat 'em on the ice."

the fighting helps boost teams morale. most hockey players aren't going to go out and get into fights outside of the rink.