Anyone else see Jay Leno last night?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Man that was hilarious. I'm looking for a vid cap of it. Does anyone have it?

He came out in his Ricky Bobby race driver outfit and just took the show, he was so hilarious. So does anyone have the cap?

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
He must have his own money in this Ricky Bobby movie, he's taking it way too seriously. Wearing that Nascar suit everywhere he goes :p

I love Will Ferrell though, he's the greatest. Always hilarious, way ahead anyone else in the comedy field.

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: jacktackle
He must have his own money in this Ricky Bobby movie, he's taking it way too seriously. Wearing that Nascar suit everywhere he goes :p

I love Will Ferrell though, he's the greatest. Always hilarious, way ahead anyone else in the comedy field.
Are you kidding me? His comedy is so old and rehashed it's not even funny. He cannot be serious for even one damn second and all of his behaviors and jokes are unoriginal and annoying.

He was great on SNL but flat out sucks as an actor. He doesn't seem to have any real serious acting ability and I would like to see him in one comedy film that doesn't involve him acting out strange characters or running around screaming like a jackass.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Anyone who things Will Ferrel is revoltionary, let along think he is ever remotely funny with his over the top running around yelling which he passes off as acting and comedy, should be forced to watch the early days of SNL.

Will Ferrel sucks, Anchorman was so bad I still feel the hole in my wallet for when I actually paid to go see it in the theatre. Then for some reason (maybe it was the polution in the air that day) but I gave him another chance and saw Kicking and Screaming, was pretty good because he was playing the opposite of his usual character, then he stopped drinking coffee, became his usual 6 year old shouting hyena, and the movie went so fast into a spiraling shithole, that I actually couldn't believe this guy is getting paid to act. He sucked in oldschool, but luckily there were others to mask his plain badness. Will Ferrel should be banned from making movies.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: archcommus

Are you kidding me? His comedy is so old and rehashed it's not even funny. He cannot be serious for even one damn second and all of his behaviors and jokes are unoriginal and annoying.

He was great on SNL but flat out sucks as an actor. He doesn't seem to have any real serious acting ability and I would like to see him in one comedy film that doesn't involve him acting out strange characters or running around screaming like a jackass.

Ummm that's his character though. He plays silly characters, and plays them great. He can act pretty decently IMO. He can hold a straight face better than most other people who were on SNL.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: purbeast0

Ummm that's his character though. He plays silly characters, and plays them great. He can act pretty decently IMO. He can hold a straight face better than most other people who were on SNL.

How old are you? SNL didn't used to be the pile of steaming crap it is now (thank god Tina Fey is leaving), and Will Ferrel was only good as Trebek, I'll give him that.

And, he isn't just silly. Adam Sandler is silly, David Spade is silly, Will Ferrel is a screaming amatuer, who is a disgrace to the mentally challenged he tries to act like. Sorry, it's not comedy, it's just stupid.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: F22 Raptor
Originally posted by: purbeast0

How old are you? SNL didn't used to be the pile of steaming crap it is now (thank god Tina Fey is leaving), and Will Ferrel was only good as Trebek, I'll give him that.

And, he isn't just silly. Adam Sandler is silly, David Spade is silly, Will Ferrel is a screaming amatuer, who is a disgrace to the mentally challenged he tries to act like. Sorry, it's not comedy, it's just stupid.

im 24, and i never said that the old SNL's weren't funny. i agree that SNL blows balls now and it has for the past 10 years or so probably. Will Ferrell though has his own style that is just goofy/silly funny.

Sandler hasn't done the goofy/silly funny stuff in quite some time now (granted I haven't seen Click yet though). Will Ferrell just does stuff that makes me laugh and smile. Elf is one of my favorite of his movies. He was just so damn goofy, silly, and acted so clueless in that movie.

I agree though. Kicking and Screaming was not that great, and Anchorman was just okay. Bewitched was pretty bad too. I just have enjoyed him since his skits on SNL.

The skit with him and Sean William Scott has to be my FAVORITE SNL skit with him ever. That one made me laugh more than the Jeopardy one.

EDIT: I also did NOT like Oldschool.

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
The Jaywalking segment was better. Then again Will hasnt been funny to me since his early SNL days.