Anyone else really indecisive? Do you constantly weigh both sides of the argument?

Schrodinger

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2004
I'm curious if other people have this character trait.

Every reasonably sized decision will take me an extra long period of time to think over. It drives my friends insane. I will try and lay out all the pros and cons of every argument. Even then its not good enough--I will go back and forth trying to justify my decision and make the best choice. In the end it can take me months just to come to a decision.

And once I've made a decision it isn't even concrete. I'll spend time reflecting on that thought and will sometimes even go back changing it again. I just don't make a choice, feel confident and run with it. I guess I'm fearful of getting burned in some way (but this is burning me as it is!)

I'm not talking about simple everyday sh!t like paper or plastic. Things like, where I see my career heading and which school I would like to attend. Business strategies for some small proprietorship things I've been trying. Which language/tool to learn next. Or perhaps which courses I should take next semester.

Damn libra mindset over-analyzing everything :( :( My father is just like me. We rarely rush into stuff. Everything is carefully thought out and calculated but it takes forrreeeever to come to just a decision. And then a week later I may switch it again :/ arg

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Schrodinger
I'm curious if other people have this character trait.

Every reasonably sized decision will take me an extra long period of time to think over. It drives my friends insane. I will try and lay out all the pros and cons of every argument. Even then its not good enough--I will go back and forth trying to justify my decision and make the best choice. In the end it can take me months just to come to a decision.

And once I've made a decision it isn't even concrete. I'll spend time reflecting on that thought and will sometimes even go back changing it again. I just don't make a choice, feel confident and run with it. I guess I'm fearful of getting burned in some way (but this is burning me as it is!)

I'm not talking about simple everyday sh!t like paper or plastic. Things like, where I see my career heading and which school I would like to attend. Business strategies for some small proprietorship things I've been trying. Which language/tool to learn next. Or perhaps which courses I should take next semester.

Damn libra mindset over-analyzing everything :( :( My father is just like me. We rarely rush into stuff. Everything is carefully thought out and calculated but it takes forrreeeever to come to just a decision. And then a week later I may switch it again :/ arg

Hey, you're not alone, that's why Bush gets 8 years to wreck the Country instead of 4.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
they have medication for such personality disorders such as you describe.

-edit- what I mean is fear of the unknown is still fear.

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
Could you give a more exact example?
Judging from your OP, it's nothing unusual, but I'm not sure if I've got it right.

Nov 7, 2000
im indecisive, but not because i weigh the two sides too much

its more like, i am so apathetic and lazy i can make the effort to choose