Anyone else pissed off at the progress of rebuilding at the WTC?

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Was doing some reading because of the WTC7 thread and realized something.
Almost nothing has been done to rebuild after the September 11th attacks.

Does this upset anyone else?

Next year will be the 10th anniversary and almost nothing has been accomplished.

The original WTC 1 and WTC 2 took less than 5 years to build BOTH of the towers.

The memorial is slated to cost a few billion (the original towers costing 900 million). There is a "stimulus" program I can get behind.....

Oct 27, 2007
I think it's hilarious personally. No one in the world imagined it would take so long for you guys to recover from a handful of crazy Muslims with a couple of jet planes.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
There isn't a big demand atm for office space in Manhatten, I'm told. Some of the entities who once made Manhatten their base of operations have relocated to Jersey and elsewhere and have a low probability that they will ever move back.

WTC7 is an exception, I guess. I'm told that it is about 70+% occupied.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
There isn't a big demand atm for office space in Manhatten, I'm told. Some of the entities who once made Manhatten their base of operations have relocated to Jersey and elsewhere and have a low probability that they will ever move back.

WTC7 is an exception, I guess. I'm told that it is about 70+% occupied.

Solid info as usual.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I'm pissed that they are allowing the fvcking Muslims to build a mosque near the site. This should be stopped.

Who gives a shit about replacing the WTC.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I'm pissed that they are allowing the fvcking Muslims to build a mosque near the site. This should be stopped.

Who gives a shit about replacing the WTC.

Yes, because, you ignorant person, the Muslim people are all guilty for the 9/11 attack, not the people in Al Queda who were trying to get the US to attack the Muslim people because the Muslim people mostly did NOT support them, and they thought it possible that creating the US attacking Muslims would drive Muslims into defending themselves against the US and into their arms.

You are playing into Al Queda's hands, and being an immoral, hateful person at innocents.

You are the enemy of America, who is a nation for not blaming and hating the innocent. Even the panderer to people like you, Bush, gave lip service this was not against Muslims.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It was bound to be slow with private companies, the Port Authority, the multitude of individuals with emotional stake in the memorial, and the fact that the site lies atop the Port Authority Trans Hudson tunnels and MTA lines.

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
I think it's hilarious personally. No one in the world imagined it would take so long for you guys to recover from a handful of crazy Muslims with a couple of jet planes.

go fuck yourself. One crazy muslim with a plane can sink your whole shitty island to hell

RedCOMET

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2002
It was bound to be slow with private companies, the Port Authority, the multitude of individuals with emotional stake in the memorial, and the fact that the site lies atop the Port Authority Trans Hudson tunnels and MTA lines.

Also, it took a while for the site to get cleaned up, and to do studies and what not to make sure they coudl rebuild there. It took a while to settle on a design. There were some issurance issues that the developer and Port Authority of NY/NJ had to deal with. And NYC and the state of NY also had there hand in slowing things down. Such a highly visible, and emotional project is going to move slowly becuase of some many parties / stake holders need to be in the loop and and appeased.

RedCOMET

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2002
Quote:
GodlessAstronomer said:
View Post
go fuck yourself. One crazy muslim with a plane can sink your whole shitty island to hell

But if they did that, then we wouldn't have classic threads like "My exams are super duper hard" or "My house mate is sleeping on the couch in the TV room... what ever should I do."

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
Yes, because, you ignorant person, the Muslim people are all guilty for the 9/11 attack, not the people in Al Queda who were trying to get the US to attack the Muslim people because the Muslim people mostly did NOT support them, and they thought it possible that creating the US attacking Muslims would drive Muslims into defending themselves against the US and into their arms.

You are playing into Al Queda's hands, and being an immoral, hateful person at innocents.

You are the enemy of America, who is a nation for not blaming and hating the innocent. Even the panderer to people like you, Bush, gave lip service this was not against Muslims.

It's the equivalent of putting an American Hero statue in the middle of vietnam for everyone to pass by.

its the equivalent of a Nazi house in the middle of israel.

Just because muslims as a whole werent responsible for the attack, it is completely tasteless, disrespectful, rude, dishonorable, and immoral to put a mosque at ground zero where thousands died from islamic terrorists.

if muslims want to preach equality and peace, they should build a mosque elsewhere.

Oh an im pretty sure I read somewhere recently that the guy who is the head of this mosque wants shariah law throughout the US.

Circlenaut

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
It’s a well known Islamic tradition to build on top on an area that you’ve already conquer. This is what they call a Soft Jihad. This is something where there are not doing it in our face, but they are doing it very quietly, very stealthy. There’s something called: Taquia (lie to the infidels for the sake of promoting Islam) in Islamic culture, that says that you are allowed to lie to further the muslin religion. I strongly believe these people are engaging in Taquia, to promote their cause in building this mosque

Saw this in a reply to an article I looked up on this. Sounds exactly like what they're doing.

Circlenaut

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
They would never do this...take your hate elsewhere!

Yeah, hate whatever. Try to think of any GOOD reason why a mosque should be built near ground zero. It's completely in bad taste.

On another note that property is being payed in CASH, I'm source the source of that cash is completely legit.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Was doing some reading because of the WTC7 thread and realized something.
Almost nothing has been done to rebuild after the September 11th attacks.

Does this upset anyone else?

Next year will be the 10th anniversary and almost nothing has been accomplished.

The original WTC 1 and WTC 2 took less than 5 years to build BOTH of the towers.

The memorial is slated to cost a few billion (the original towers costing 900 million). There is a "stimulus" program I can get behind.....

900 million? For a memorial? I'm glad most of that money was donated and not taxpayer money or else I'd be very upset.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yeah, hate whatever. Try to think of any GOOD reason why a mosque should be built near ground zero. It's completely in bad taste.

On another note that property is being payed in CASH, I'm source the source of that cash is completely legit.

What constitutes "near". Early in this faux controversy, it was reported that it was "On" the site. Turned out it was actually many blocks away. Get over it.

Circlenaut

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
What constitutes "near". Early in this faux controversy, it was reported that it was "On" the site. Turned out it was actually many blocks away. Get over it.

Near enough to question the potential owner's motives.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
I saw a news item on the long drawn out WTC rebuilding.
Paid for huge granite memorial that was used for a ceremony but will not be used in the final design, now sits at the company that made it.
Building designs changed over and over.
NY port authority taking contractors to court over access.
Numerous changes in what would be built, 1 , 2, 3, buildings or more.

In 1940 we built an entire city in just 2 years that allowed us to manufacture parts for the bomb and house 75K people complete with schools, hospitals, labs, factories. It has been almost 10 years for WTC. If they did things then like they do know the Germans would be crossing the white-house lawn before we worked out what color paint to use.