Anyone else lost COX cable yesterday?

Aug 16, 2001
Well, I was minding my own and making some serious quality posts on ATOT when suddenly all went to hell.
Cable TV and Cable Modem decided to stop working.

This is in Tucson. Anyone else suffered?

p0ntif

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
just lost cox internet here in omaha Nebraska.
I'm at school in the wee hours to get my fix! ;)

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have ATT here, at 7pm the Cable TV, Cable Internet, and phones all died, by 11PM they were back up

Zeeliv

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm bringing this thread back up to see if anyone else is having the same horrid connection problems I've been having with Cox (internet, not TV). For the past week at least it has just been plain bad. Packet loss, connection time outs and occasionally the line will just die for a half hour os so. Today is easily the worst it has ever been. I was trying to play Warcraft 3 and it was unbarably laggy. I'm talking unable to give simple move commands to my units laggy. I got Cox in April and it has been fantastic up until about July 26th, then it just went to hell.

I tried talking to a customer support rep to see if they knew of any major problems with their network (and if anything was being done about it) because I've seen other people complaining about the same problems online. They just gave me the same BS where they want you to check a bunch of settings and don't tell you anything about the problems that they are having on THEIR side. Like "Our engineers are always looking for ways to improve network performance!" I told them to look harder.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Weird.. is Cox and Adelphia sharing same backbone? Because my cable modem died on that very same day.. I do a trace route and it starts to time out once it goes beyond Adelphia's network. The whole ordeal lasted for about 2-3 hours.

Praetor

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
I dunno. I can ask a few of the guys at work at my next shift to see if any of them know of any problems.

<-- Cox Field Tech, Omaha Woo! :p

Zeeliv

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Thanks Praetor.

Yeah I checked there Squisher, and some people seem to be having similar troubles. I am just frustrated because there's nothing I can really do. Calling tech support is of no help because the connection does work, it just works very badly. They don't acknowledge that there's a problem. :(

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Cox Sucks, since the transition from RoadRunner/@home Cox has been onagain/offagain crap! seriously thinking about dropping my cable internet, wont even bother calling them cause it is always the customers fault even though it works great 3% of the time then all of the sudden it is sht again :| I hate cocks!

Praetor

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Y'know... I've been checking out those forums since Squisher posted the link. Most of the complaints are coming out of the Phoenix/Virginia areas, it looks like, but the same problems are also experienced here.

Sudden DNS failure, inability to access SMTP (don't know about NNTP, I don't use our servers, they suck :p ) or semi-total outages (no access at all, even with the name resolved to an ip). I've been experiencing all these things myself, unfortunately.

I still plan on asking a few of the other techs if they know of anything specific that they can share. I just do HSI installs on the side and make sure they work before I leave. :p