Anyone else having problems with YAHOO mail?

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001

Hey all,

I use Yahoo email as my primary email service and it has been flawless (for me) for years. Recently I have had problems getting my email at home ... at work it's only slightly better(?).

I tried to get to my email again today and cannot even get to the welcome page. All I get is "waiting for us.f501.mail.yahoo.com".

Any ideas? Is Yahoo going down the crapper?

I have at least 2 "pay" email accounts but I prefer Yahoo email becasue it's portable and I am used to it. Thanks for any (helpful) advice you can give.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Yahoo mail is hit or miss with me. Sometimes it takes forever to load, other times it works fine. My sister has the same problem and we are in two different States and ISPs.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: dud

Hey all,

I use Yahoo email as my primary email service and it has been flawless (for me) for years. Recently I have had problems getting my email at home ... at work it's only slightly better(?).

I tried to get to my email again today and cannot even get to the welcome page. All I get is "waiting for us.f501.mail.yahoo.com".

I have at least 2 "pay" email accounts but I prefer Yahoo email becasue it's portable and I am used to it. Thanks for any (helpful) advice you can give.

Originally posted by: IGBT
..ya. it's a spam magnet.

It's getting worse everyday. Up to nearly 200 spams an hour now.

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
Just checked mine before coming here. It was quite slow to load, but it eventually loaded.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: dud

Hey all,

Originally posted by: IGBT
..ya. it's a spam magnet.

It's getting worse everyday. Up to nearly 200 spams an hour now.

GMail hasn't been much better. I'm averaging 100 spams a day, and my e-mail address isn't listed online anywhere as far as I can tell.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Anyone else getting Dave's 200 Spam emails/hour with Yahoo?

I'm getting eleventy billion/hour on mine :evil: