Anyone else having problems with shared folders in windows 8?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Nvidiaguy07, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Nvidiaguy07

Nvidiaguy07 Platinum Member

This happened to me a few months ago when i started using the beta with one computer running win8 and one running windows 7. It only lasted a few weeks or so and then went away (very weird).

I recently wiped out both computers and installed fresh copies of windows 8 on both. Ive had problems with sharing ever since.

The most recent problem I have is that when i go to "network", i can see my other computer there. When i go to click it, at first it gives me a network error. Once i wait for a minute or so, then its perfectly fine, so i dont understand why it has to "warm up" or something?
    This is the error:
    [​IMG]

It doesnt seem that damn complicated to set up sharing across a network in windows 8, so im not sure where im going wrong.

Anyone else having this problem were your networked computer has to "warm up" before working? (and just to clarify, the wait time is about 60 seconds - much more than it would take for just something like a hard drive to spin up or something like that)

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - problems shared folders Forum Date
    problem with shared folder in Windows XP Networking Nov 14, 2012
    Problem with sharing folders and files on a Windows XP Pro LAN Networking Jul 4, 2009
    Folder sharing problem Networking Jan 3, 2007
    folder sharing problem, win XP Pro Networking Jul 21, 2005
    Problem Sharing Folders Between Workgroup PC's Networking Sep 14, 2004

3. Nvidiaguy07

Nvidiaguy07 Platinum Member

bump. no ideas? still happening

4. pandemonium

pandemonium Golden Member

Anything in here that would help; you haven't tried yet?

I had issues with W7 for the longest time trying to share files/folders across the network and finally got permissions set (I think the idea behind homegroups and a shared folder is stupid; most of my UAC is disabled since I'm the only one that ever touches my computer). There's several layers of permissions in W7 and I'm assuming the same is true for W8 as well.

5. pauldavies

pauldavies Junior Member

Yeah, these problems can always being solved on Microsoft. I think Windows 8 is really new and rare. I just using my W7 for only one year, and I don't want to upgrade it.