Anyone else have problem staying awake...

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
in a class where they use transparancies and dim the lights? I can't help but go to sleep everytime.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
By the way you phrased your question, I'd say that I have a problem staying awake (i.e. I can't sleep).

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Descartes
By the way you phrased your question, I'd say that I have a problem staying awake (i.e. I can't sleep).

that's what I thought too. It took my 2 hours to fall asleep last night.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: PhaZe
Originally posted by: Descartes

that's what I thought too. It took my 2 hours to fall asleep last night.

I tossed and turned all night last night, maybe got an hour or two of sleep max. I bet it sure helped my interview today :(

brentman

Dec 4, 2002
I have a hard time staying awake at my desk at work. Of course a reasonable workload would be nice.

ScrewFace

Banned
Sep 21, 2002
Ya, I have the same problem trying to stay awake when I'm tired. For some reason around 11:00 PM I just can't stay awake and fall asleep for 8 hours. Crazy, eh?:beer::D

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
Originally posted by: ScrewFace
Ya, I have the same problem trying to stay awake when I'm tired. For some reason around 11:00 PM I just can't stay awake and fall asleep for 8 hours. Crazy, eh?:beer::D

man you should go see a doctor :D

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
in classes I alsmost always feel sleepy/node off unless it is interesting. I find bringing something to drink soda/coffee helps me stay lively.

Leejai

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2001
Originally posted by: PunDogg
Originally posted by: ScrewFace

man you should go see a doctor :D

naw...maybe try coffee instead of beer....;)

TMPadmin

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
I can't sleep. I gave up on my bed since I just lay there looking into darkness all night. I usually watch TV all night and doze off here and there. You would think I would be tired all day then but I'm not, I don't even get the food coma after lunch. It's been like this for almost 2 years. The most sleep I have gotten in one night was about 4 hours. The day before I did a bunch of work around the house, heavy lifting, cutting the grass. I really busted my butt that day and I only got 4 hours. I used to sleep? eh, I'll sleep when I die.

BG4533

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2001
Originally posted by: lager
in a class where they use transparancies and dim the lights? I can't help but go to sleep everytime.

Yep, if I suspect it I dont go. I should be in class right now.

Krazy4Real

Lifer
Oct 3, 2003
Whenever I feel tired I just take a nap for like 5 or 10 minutes... then I'm good for the rest of the day.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Narcolepsy is a debilitating disease that effects one out of every 100 Americans. It is characterized by a sudden onset of sleepiness, sometimes leading to a......*THUNK* ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: TMPadmin
You would think I would be tired all day then but I'm not, I don't even get the food coma after lunch.

Man do I ever get the 'food coma.' Sometimes I nod off while reading these forums and snap back awake hoping nobody comes into my office! :)

AbsolutDealage

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2002
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Narcolepsy is a debilitating disease that effects one out of every 100 Americans. It is characterized by a sudden onset of sleepiness, sometimes leading to a......*THUNK* ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Doesn't that seem a little high to anyone else?

BG4533

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Krazy4Real
Whenever I feel tired I just take a nap for like 5 or 10 minutes... then I'm good for the rest of the day.

I am often not even tired when I fall asleep in class or other places. There is just not enough stimuli to keep me up and functioning.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Narcolepsy is a debilitating disease that effects one out of every 100 Americans. It is characterized by a sudden onset of sleepiness, sometimes leading to a......*THUNK
Actually its between one out of every 1,000 ~ 2,000 Americans and on par with the incidence of Multiple Sclerosis. The disabling effects of narcolepsy are more severe than the deleterious effects of epilepsy when similar criteria are used for comparison.