Anyone else get the "auto update" from Kazaa?

gump47371

Dec 18, 2001
This window popped up and said that it was gonna give me an update for Kazaa. Sorry, can't remember exactly what it said, but clicked ok, and it started downloading, but I paused it until I found out more. Anyone else have this? Smells alot like the Napster "Trojan Horse" from a couple years ago.

LMK what you all think or have experienced.

Thanks,

Gump

rival

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2001
well kazaa uses 'spyware' crap so it was probably an upgrade to that, i ran adware afterwards, it detected something in the kazaa folder, and kazaa is busted now...pos

gump47371

Dec 18, 2001
Rival,

Before the update, did you have the dummy file in there to block the spyware?

If so, guess we will just have to wait for the new dummy file. I say by the end of the week. Give them plenty of time.

Gump

evergreen96

Sep 2, 2000
If you have zonealarm or any firewall just deny it from getting internet access until you can log on to kazza network
Be sure to read the article on new.com about how kazza can change your registry remote and dl software to your pc... i think the article tittle was "why morpheus was kicked off the nework, unpaid fee"

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Not a kazaa fan, i think it su cks, spyware sucks, adaware kicks ass, and saves a lot of problems, but anyway, enough rant for tonight, i'm going to bed now

Maggotry

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2001
I'm new to using Kazaa. When I installed it, it gave me the option to not install some of the spyware things. I ran Adaware using the latest ref after installing Kazaa and it didn't find anything. I have no problem with it so far.