Anyone else get an email from photobucket?

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
Dear jdoggg1,

It has been brought to our attention that you are incorrectly linking content from your Photobucket account around the Web. We would kindly request that you please begin making the appropriate changes to your links as quickly as possible as to avoid any future disruptions to your service. You are incorrectly linking to the Photobucket servers instead of the 'i' for some (or all) of your links off-site.

You will need to go in and manually change all of your links to reflect the 'i' instead of the Photobucket servers. Please see the examples below.

Incorrectly linked files look like this:
http://photobucket.com/albums/.../username/filename.jpg

An example of a correctly linked file should look like this (notice the 'i'):
http://i12.photobucket.com/alb.../username/filename.jpg

Note: You should copy the Direct Link code from your Photobucket album in order to resolve the issue.

On March 24th, 2008 at 12pm ET, Photobucket will begin disabling all incorrect links. Please begin correcting your links as quickly as possible as to avoid any disruptions to your service. Even if your links are disabled after the March 24th deadline, as soon as you fix them, your files will display as intended again. Please feel free to contact us at mislinking@photobucket.com if you have any questions or concerns. Your promptness and assistance with this matter is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Your Photobucket Support Team

Anyone else get this message? I didn't know there was a "correct" way of linking from photobucket.

bobsmith1492

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2004
I dropped the hotmail account I used for Photobucket long ago so I have no clue. I still use the bucket on rare occasions, though...

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
Originally posted by: jdoggg12
Anyone else get this message? I didn't know there was a "correct" way of linking from photobucket.
No, but I've always use the link in the little boxes cause you just click it and it's copied. Those links do have the "i". It may be legit.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Rike
Originally posted by: jdoggg12
No, but I've always use the link in the little boxes cause you just click it and it's copied. Those links do have the "i". It may be legit.

Those boxes are sweet.

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
I didnt get a email but it seems to be correct and why I sometimes have linking problems I have been doing it wrong.

Thanks