Anyone else excited about CoH 2?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
I wish they would have gone pacific. Maybe somehow integrated Naval warfare :)

Iron Wolf

Jul 27, 2010
I wish they would have gone pacific. Maybe somehow integrated Naval warfare :)

Doesn't seem like it would be that hard. They already have tank combat in the game, and I envision it as similar mechanics. Movement may be a bit more slow and ponderous, with more emphasis on jockeying for position. Unlike tanks where you always want to face an enemy because your front armor is the strongest, for ships you might get a bonus for hitting an enemy when broadside. Other factors would be the huge range of modern ships guns, and of course don't forget aircraft carriers and subs. Marines and land combat could come into play with island-hopping as well.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Disagree! Soviet armor is awesome. I think a Pacific version of this game could be good also, though, since the relative amounts of infantry and armor and all that in game would be more accurate to real life.

supremor

Dec 2, 2010
The original is one of my favorite games ever and I always wanted an Eastern front COH game. This is like a dream come true for me and a definite buy.

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm concerned they're pushing the pre-orders on this so early. Makes me think THQ is hurting for cash (they are) and will push it out early.

The simple fact that they don't even have a single video of game play is out makes we wonder too. I am really on the fence about the pre-order.
I am to this day still play COH. The mods are great and add so much to the game. What was really a bummer was the fact that they didn't add maps anymore. It would have given the game so much life and added much needed variety.

I used to play Multiplayer quite a bit, but since the friend I am playing with is not the greatest wiz we mainly played co-op vs the comp. With the mods that can be challenging enough!

If the videos look good and show what I hope I will pre-order. But with just screenshots I wait and see.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
The one friend I play COH with is an absolute cheapskate, so this means I will probably have to wait till next year's summer sale...

heh that's probably my plan for the game too. There will be lot on my plate by next year so I can wait.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
The simple fact that they don't even have a single video of game play is out makes we wonder too. I am really on the fence about the pre-order.
I am to this day still play COH. The mods are great and add so much to the game. What was really a bummer was the fact that they didn't add maps anymore. It would have given the game so much life and added much needed variety.

I used to play Multiplayer quite a bit, but since the friend I am playing with is not the greatest wiz we mainly played co-op vs the comp. With the mods that can be challenging enough!

If the videos look good and show what I hope I will pre-order. But with just screenshots I wait and see.

Ye this tbh, £40 and i havent even seen gameplay yet... gtfo! I love CoH and from what im seeing i think CoH2 will be good too but £40 is a bit much, might just wait for a sale or something.