anyone else a walking snot bubble?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Allergies kicked in full gear a couple days ago.

I am Fank's leaking sinus.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Yeah, i've been getting owned by allergies for the last 4 days, but they have gotten quite a bit better since I started taking claritin 2 days ago. Usually I just take allergy meds in the spring, but it seems my fall allergies have gotten worse.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
No allergies, (thankfully) but it appears I've caught whatever "lung-fungus" bug is going around right now. Not sure if it's a cold of one of the many flu strains, but my sinuses are packed and draining, my chest is on fucking fire and full of mucus, and I generally feel like shit.

My wife had this last week and while she's getting better, she still has some remnants of it.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: BoomerD
No allergies, (thankfully) but it appears I've caught whatever "lung-fungus" bug is going around right now. Not sure if it's a cold of one of the many flu strains, but my sinuses are packed and draining, my chest is on fucking fire and full of mucus, and I generally feel like shit.

My wife had this last week and while she's getting better, she still has some remnants of it.

welcome to the flu... I got it to.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yep yep.

I dont have allergies.. until this year.

Went to the dr finally after a couple weeks of a bad cough and feeling like crap and I also have an ear infection and bronchitis...

On day 4 of the 5 day Zpac and am also using an inhaler and tessalon generic sub.

Today is the best I've felt in about 10 days.

Feb 19, 2001
was sick.

mucinex D totally cleared things up. my nose was flowing out like 4 gallons an hour or something. it was satisfactory getting all that mucus out though.

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
DleRium, did the mucinex cause the 4 gallons an hour, or was that before you the mucinex?

I don't think it's allergies, I think I have a cold, started yesterday. Miserable last night and barely slept. No cough or aches or sore throat so I don't think it's a flu. Mostly congested sinuses.

I was at a cafe a couple days ago and this dumb girl was coughing and sniffling and when she was getting her stuff ready to go she bent over me and was breathing into my personal space and I thought "why the fuck is she doing this, breathing her germs all overr me, she shouldn't even be hanging out at a cafe if she's sick". Lo and behold I got sick two days later. I'm sure it was just a coincidence though, tons of other people are sick.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000

Swine Flu.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: zoiks

Swine Flu.

You calling me a pig? :p

(fat porker maybe...but not a pig) :D

I doubt it's the swine flu. I haven't had any sudden urges to go rooting around in the garbage, nor has my peenor suddenly turned into a corkscrew...:laugh:

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
No allergies, but it's been pretty cool lately at work in the morning and that makes my nose run.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
I will be one late december. That's when Mountain Cedar Pollen starts ramping up in Central Texas, and well, it sucks.

Not so much a runny nose though that bothers me... it's the itchy eyes and the inability to breathe through my nose that really bothers me. I'll be trying flonase for the first time when my allergies kick in and see how that'll work.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: xSauronx
Originally posted by: dighn
I'm getting owned today. damn thsi cusk.s

nyquil is a helluva drug

that used to work great! Do a double dose and be out for a night....wake up the next day feeling all better...

Too bad I can't touch the stuff anymore :(

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
You calling me a pig? :p

(fat porker maybe...but not a pig) :D

I doubt it's the swine flu. I haven't had any sudden urges to go rooting around in the garbage, nor has my peenor suddenly turned into a corkscrew...:laugh:

You can say penis

....I think.

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Originally posted by: NSFW
Allergies kicked in full gear a couple days ago.

I am Fank's leaking sinus.

same here, monday and tuesday i was getting some bad sinus pressure headaches.