anyone catch kid nation?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
despite all the allegations of child labor law violations, I totally would have loved to do something like that when I was younger. thought it was an interesting concept, but my child-free life as a bachelor caused me to forget just how damn annoying kids younger than, like, 14-15 are.

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
Originally posted by: FoBoT
no way, i hope it is canceled ASAP so they'll show amazing race

Why pay a million plus high production cost when you can get slave labor?

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Kid Nation is way better than any other reality show I have seen. Seriously.. that show is inspiring.

I don't know wtf is with parents now, but it seems like many don't want to admit that part of life is getting beat up, made fun of, pushed around, and manipulated.. But it all serves to make you better.

The kids on that show could teach the baby boomers a thing or two.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
i like this show. i dunno how much of it's scripted but it's amazing what they know, what they do, mannerisms and decision making skills. I've always had jobs up until i graduated college with youth and this show shows the breadth of their knowledge and skills.

child labor laws for glorified 'camping' ?

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. I loved the election episode last night. Any other fans?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: loki8481
despite all the allegations of child labor law violations, I totally would have loved to do something like that when I was younger. thought it was an interesting concept, but my child-free life as a bachelor caused me to forget just how damn annoying kids younger than, like, 14-15 are.

about the allegations, im pretty sure i read that parents basicially signed over the childs lifes and waved any right to sue is anything bad happened,

Lorax

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2000
Originally posted by: MrChad
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. I loved the election episode last night. Any other fans?

i try to catch it when possible (the start time isn't great for me). some of the kids are funny in their awkwardness and also intelligence.

during last night's challenge prize, i was like wtf, they didn't have toothbrushes all this time??? if they didn't win the challenge, would they have to go through the whole season without brushing their teeth?

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Lorax
Originally posted by: MrChad

i try to catch it when possible (the start time isn't great for me). some of the kids are funny in their awkwardness and also intelligence.

during last night's challenge prize, i was like wtf, they didn't have toothbrushes all this time??? if they didn't win the challenge, would they have to go through the whole season without brushing their teeth?

They were using a crude baking soda paste. They showed a clip earlier in the show of them using it; I don't remember if they were using a brush.

Nov 5, 2001
it's an interesting show. I think a truely interesting expreriment would have been to have a group of adults do the exact same process and see how the two compared.

AZGamer

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
This show was never in direct competition with The Amazing Race.

Great show... I want a sequel of Sociopath Nation. But I think we get a Kid Nation 2 based on what I read on Wikipedia.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
The "think of the children" stuff now is really sad.

A clip from a paper I was reading sums it up:
"We played dodge ball and sometimes the ball would really hurt. We got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits for the accidents."

"our actions were our own. Consequences were expected. No one to hide behind. The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of."

"We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue, but we learned to get over it"
"We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle "
"We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank sugar soda but were never overweight...we were always outside playing."

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
30 Rock had a show that Jack was touting. I wish I could remember what he called it.
It was about a desert island with 25 kids competing for a milf.

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: techs
30 Rock had a show that Jack was touting. I wish I could remember what he called it.

Milf Island?

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: AmpedSilence

Milf Island?

Yeah, they digitally inserted jerry seinfeld into it.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: torpid
Originally posted by: AmpedSilence

Milf Island?

Yeah, they digitally inserted jerry seinfeld into it.
That's it! Milf Island.