Anyone buying Halloween Contact Lenses?

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
I am thinking about getting some halloween contact lenses for my Gambit costume. Found some red ones for $100 shipped (canadian price), and was curious if anyone has used halloween contacts before, or prop contact lenses? I have never worn contacts before so am not sure what to expect in terms of comfort.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
I've never had prop contacts before, but I've worn real ones for quite some time. The first time you wear them it's going to suck man.

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
I just got contacts a few months ago, no problems so far.

Only lost 1 once, because I slept with them (doc said it's okay) and rubbed my eye weird, and the contact fell out. I didn't even notice that I'd lost it until I tried taking it out (cause my vision was blurry, and I thought they were just dirty) and ended up poking myself in the eye.

I've never worn prop contacts though, a friend of mine got some years ago, but didn't like them.

mobiblu

May 30, 2005
Originally posted by: TheNinja
I've never had prop contacts before, but I've worn real ones for quite some time. The first time you wear them it's going to suck man.

agree...putting on contact for the first time.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
if it's the first time, you're going to have a difficult time putting it in. i use contacts daily but at the start, it's hard. never worn prop contacts though.

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
if it's the first time, you're going to have a difficult time putting it in. i use contacts daily but at the start, it's hard. never worn prop contacts though.

I still have problems putting in/taking out the contact for my left eye. It seems to be more sensitive than my right, and closes on me a lot more.