Anyone buy Home Audio & Video Protection Plans for their stereo?

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
So I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on a last year model AV receiver Yamaha RX-V683BL to replace my still very good Pioneer VSX-1120-K. Yeah, sure, I could get a lot better fidelity and power but can you find these things for under $350? And the only reason I am changing to another AV is that the current does not support 4K or the more modern codecs, including home automation, Atmos, and HDR.

The Yamaha is on clearance. So I can get it now for under $300.

Y'all can comment on the specs of the Yamaha if you want, I can always cancel the order if I hear horror stories about this one, but my question here is anyone buy protection plans for their audio equipment?

I am thinking this is a $35 gamble for a so-called 4 year protection plan that will fix or refund purchase price. This one on Amazon is from Asurion. I wouldn't do it for a brand new one, since I would have the manufacturer and Amazon warranties. But this is last year's model even though new in box.

Anyway, comments are always appreciated.

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
for $350 you can get a refurb from accessories4less
some really nice models

i got my denon there, it came with a new leaf 3yr and 1 yr factory warranty
never needed it

is that the same asurion that does cell warranties? if so never had good luck with them

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
hahahahahahahaha...

So I get the receiver on Saturday, only to find that some bright person (either in freight - Amazon, or shipment - UPS) decided to strap it down. It crushed the box, the packing foam and the top of the case. <sigh>

Yes, I do know Amazon covers delivery and I would not have needed extra insurance. It's just funny that we all talked about having equipment that never breaks on us and here I have my new one shipped broken.