Anyone been to ITT Tech?

Rasy

Mar 4, 2004
I'm considering tech schools. I'm 16 and still a junior, and lives in the Dallas, TX area. Can anyone consider something else?

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
concentrate completely on high school, ace the sat's and go to a 'real' school

;)

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
I went there. Quite possibly the biggest mistake I've ever made. Don't waste your time or money going there.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Kaervak
I went there. Quite possibly the biggest mistake I've ever made. Don't waste your time or money going there.

I was considering going there, but the price was WAY too high for what little you actually get in the real world.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Rasy
So what tech schools should I shoot for in the Texas area?

You don't need to go to a 'tech' school, go anywhere. UT-Austin, SMU, Texas A&M, etc.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Originally posted by: Kaervak

I was considering going there, but the price was WAY too high for what little you actually get in the real world.

Money really wasn't a problem for me, I had scholarships that paid for almost all of it. IIRC I owed about $4000 of my own money. Now the wasting of my time factor is another matter.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Rasy
So what tech schools should I shoot for in the Texas area?

dont focus on learning technology

that is something i kinda did during undergrad too

for examples if you are doing computer science, try and learn software design, algorithms, basics, operating systems etc.

what language you implement it in is no big deal

dont worry about the tech jargons, .net, java, (which pop up everyday)

if you have strong fundementals you wont have a problem learning them if need be

so again, do your basics in high school and univ well and you will have a great career