Anyone been on a Disney Cruise?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Never been on one myself and will hopefully never be on a cruise in my life, but I've heard they are great. The private island they own in the Bahamas is supposedly super nice. I hear there are a lot of drop off activities for kids on the ship so you end up having a lot of "alone time" where you don't have to worry about your kids and can just relax. The only downside I've heard about is how expensive they are compared to "normal" cruises. Considering I have no interest in cruises though, I am not sure what the price difference is.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Never been on one myself and will hopefully never be on a cruise in my life, but I've heard they are great. The private island they own in the Bahamas is supposedly super nice. I hear there are a lot of drop off activities for kids on the ship so you end up having a lot of "alone time" where you don't have to worry about your kids and can just relax. The only downside I've heard about is how expensive they are compared to "normal" cruises. Considering I have no interest in cruises though, I am not sure what the price difference is.

Pre-pandemic it was at least 2x the price. I priced out an Alaska one a few years ago (only one I am mildly interested in), Disney was something like $8-9k for a 7day while princess was ~$3-4k for a 10day. No idea what pricing is like these days.