Anyone afraid to order food products by mail for fear of tampering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Like cashews, candy or other food from a website for example. Not that worried about the food being spoiled accidentally. And this may sound like an irrational paranoia but I worry some crazy person/employee may poison food I may order. So far the only food I've ordered by mail are lemon sours candy from a large online site and I've eaten the whole bag and nothing went wrong.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I tend to buy food at a supermarket and not buy it online myself, there is always the possibility of tampering anywhere I guess, even like the Tylenol things people did long ago with poison.

I wouldn't buy food online myself I guess.

Just me maybe.

It depends also, I'd buy something like specialty hotsauce or something like that from a reputable vendor.

In general, no.

You have to consider the source you're buying from more or less I suppose, more than anything.

Last edited:

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Um, some random guy in a store could do the same. No safer than buying from online...

You're just being a paranoid weirdo.

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013
Like cashews, candy or other food from a website for example. Not that worried about the food being spoiled accidentally. And this may sound like an irrational paranoia but I worry some crazy person/employee may poison food I may order. So far the only food I've ordered by mail are lemon sours candy from a large online site and I've eaten the whole bag and nothing went wrong.

I'd be more worried about the 16-year-old stocking shelves at Food Mart.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Typically when I want food, I want it now, and not in 2 weeks from now, so I always buy locally. Especially produce, where you may only get like 2 days out of it anyway.

For stuff like cashews I usually go to the Bulk Barn, you can scoop up as much as you want. So easy to leave that place with 100 bucks worth of bulk stuff though, it's like a candyland for grownups!

Status
Not open for further replies.