Anybody using Uniden wireless products?

RandyH

May 15, 2001
I just bought a Uniden WNP1000 Access Point and Uniden PCW300 PCMCIA Card from Outpost.com. With rebates, I paid ~$10 for both. I was wondering if anyone is using this equipment and if so, does it work good. I think this is a great buy for wireless "b" stuff.
Here are the links...

pccard

access point

Thanks,
Randy

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
to bump a really old thread..... i got the access point. so far i find it to be utter sh!t. unless i'm doing somethign wrong.. it lasts about 8hours or so... then for some reason it'll die. i get a signal, but it's it locked up for some reason. that and its extremely picky regarding patch cables... i thought it was my home made cables, so i tried three different store bought/pre packaged cables... only one worked.

It's really pissing me off right now (that and the built in wireless for one of our laptops is worthless making me buy this access point).

kwo

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2002
Umm...so that was the dark side... :cool:

On the light side, I got the Uniden WAP and am now using it in my wLAN as follows:

desktop XP Pro running ICS out to my Uniden PCS500 4port router.

The Uniden WAP is connected to the router.

I've now got my daughter's Win98 box as well as my G3 Laptop utilizing the WAP with *no* problems whatsoever. Strong and steady for close to a week now....

:cool:

Ran