Question Anybody use Honey extension?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I heard about it in a newspaper article some years ago. Took me maybe a year or two to get it going.

I have it in my Chrome browser. It pops up other times but mostly I see it when I hit an item at Amazon. A little flag at the right saying maybe the price has dropped or increased. That flag isn't exactly reliable, if I want to see in more detail I click it and go to price history, which defaults to 30 days but I usually use the dropdown to see the maximum, which is 120 days (AFAIK).

You can put the item in your "Droplist," which defaults to 5% discount giving you email alert. You can change the %, but I usually leave it at 5%. The emails I get are usually for greater than 5% discount. When you hit the link a lot of the time the price has increased already. There's other features of Honey including cash back, which I've gotten a time or two (it accumulates as you use it and make purchases). It will search other sites for a better price.

Anyway, my problem:

I have lots of items in my Droplist. I sometimes go to my Droplist and Remove items because I am not interested anymore. But Honey keeps sending me emails for them as if I never removed them. Do you have that problem?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
No. Can't deal with one more thing that keeps popping up notifications and sending me emails.
I've gotten some good deals.

Funny one: Around a month ago I saw a price drop for a gallon of Stabil that was about a 50% drop. I pounced (it was a 3rd party on Amazon) and the seller sent me a 10oz bottle and the included invoice stated 1 gallon. I called Amazon, initiated a complaint and the seller apologizes in a message saying they cannot comply, suggesting they don't have gallons. I took it to mean they made a mistake or changed their mind and realized they'd lose money if they sent me the gallon for ~$27. I was refunded and have that to-me nearly useless 10oz bottle (I am working on a quart bottle ... SLOWLY!).

However, most of the Honey alerts I get are for things I no longer have any interest in and no matter how many times, it seems, that I remove them the emails keep coming. I can remove them again, it seems to make no difference. I can turn off email notifications, I haven't tried that, but then I'd miss deals but I may go that route... or who knows? Remove the extension entirely if I figure it's just a PITA overall.