Anybody remember the game GUNSTAR HEROES for Genesis?

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
Gunstar Heroes

One of the must-play games for Genesis. It is a timeless shoot'em up sidescroller that involves combining two orbs which determine hybrid shots.

Examples:
Vulcan orb: shoots rapid fireballs
Laser orb: shoots solid line of laser
Homing orb: shoots green homing missles
and another one I can't remember

you have 2 slots for the orbs. If you have 2 vulcan orbs, it shoots extra strength red fireballs. If you have vulcan and homing orbs, it shoots fireballs that follow the enemies but consequently weaker. If you have two laser orbs, it shoots extra long & thick stick of laser....

It was so awesome to play, the orbs themselves and about 12 combinations of wepons it creates were addictive to try out...

What a fine game it was. I'm a die-hard SNES fan but this is one of the few games that make Genesis rock. I wonder if this was ever released in US, I played in Korea all the time....

screens that show the orb system

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
It was released on the Genesis here, I had it. I owned that game with the laser and the homing gun combo.

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
Originally posted by: atom
It was released on the Genesis here, I had it. I owned that game with the laser and the homing gun combo.

which is the cheapest combo, all u have to do is sit while the homing basically cleans the whole map.

FAQ indicates that laser/homing gun combo is only feasible in Normal difficulty. In hard/expert mode, the dmg of ANYTHING homing is halved or one third. You HAVE to get the none-homing weapons to get by.