Anybody remember Mad Scientist (the toys)?

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
My friends and I were just discussing toys we used to play with when we were kids. We're all in our early 20s, so we had the good fortune of growing up in the 80s, the era of the best toys. :) So, we went through our lists, GI JOE, He-Man, Hot Wheels, MUSCLE Men, Legos (I actually got nostalgic and picked up a couple of Star Wars lego sets on clearance to play with the other day), etc, etc.

So, one of the best toys I remembered playing with was "Mad Scientist." There was one set called the "Monster Lab" or something like that. You'd build these plastic skeletons, then cover them in green playdoh like "flesh" and drop them in some solution. The flesh would melt off in a horrific mess of bubbles (cool:)). There was also some really cool clear gel called "Liquid Ice" (smart guys there, huh?) that never dried out. To this day, I can't imagine what they made that stuff out of. It must've been toxic :p There was also another kit that came with some crystals you put in water that made some sort of goop, which you mixed with a powder that made it glow in the dark (really cool :))

So, I've searched high and low on the net on all the auction sites and collectibles sites I can think of, and have hardly found anything. Except for some blurb from some Christian Family Association talking about how the toys were the work of the devil ;) I really want to find some of this stuff...can anyone help me? Please? :D

jorken

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey I had the Monster Lab... that thing was great! A few years ago i found some packets of the "acid" you would dump in the solution to melt the flesh away. Quite amusing.