Anybody play Pink Floyd's "On The Turning Away" here?

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
I'm trying to arrange (or maybe transpose) it (the vocal melody) but I'm having a hard time deducing the rhythm. What time signature is this song in? If anyone has a screenie or pic of the sheet music for like the first verse that would help immensely.

Thanks OREOSpeedwagon, I thought it was common time. Can't use the guitar stuff tho :(

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clearer initially, I'm just wanting that of the vocal melody. I'll go edit my OP. I can understand the rhythm pictured there but it's not that of the vocals.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Amazing song, BTW. It's my favorite PF song ever, even though it's really more like a David Gilmour song.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Amazing song, BTW. It's my favorite PF song ever, even though it's really more like a David Gilmour song.

I mean...I wouldn't really call it a PF song (well, I probably would), it's definitely my favorite Gilmour song. Way too much good PF goodness out there to prefer some things off of that album (I do like that album, though).

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
"PFINO" ?!? :p ;)

(IMO the last actual PF "album" was The Final Cut... Roger Waters may be a bit of an a$$ but without him it's just not Pink Floyd)

The Final Cut was really a Roger Waters solo album with Gilmour and Mason playing along (they didn't write any of the songs). And no Richard Wright...

Nov 17, 2019
I hate when these creative difference issues cause problems. As I recall, for a while, there were two PF concert series at the same time.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I hate when these creative difference issues cause problems. As I recall, for a while, there were two PF concert series at the same time.

I saw Roger Waters for "Pro's and cons of Hitchhiking" @ MSG (5th row center) and then saw the Gilmore/Mason version of Pink Floyd a couple years later at Giant Stadium (2ed row center) for "A Momentary lapse of Reason".

Comparing the two, it wasn't even close.... Roger Waters live was vastly better IMO although also FAR more "disturbing". (I had taken a large dose of LSD and the concert-movie they played haunts me to this day)

I also had 15th row floor-seats for "The Wall" concert @ MSG.

Last edited:
Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I saw Roger Waters for "Pro's and cons of Hitchhiking" @ MSG (5th row center) and then saw the Gilmore/Mason version of Pink Floyd a couple years later at Giant Stadium (2ed row center) for "A Momentary lapse of Reason".

Comparing the two, it wasn't even close.... Roger Waters live was vastly better IMO although also FAR more "disturbing".

I also had 15th row floor-seats for "The Wall" concert @ MSG.

I never saw any of them, which I regret. Dad dragged along my older brother for the Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour when it came through Raleigh...I was considered too young. I also didn't bother with the Division Bell tour. I don't know why. I should have cared more about live music then, but I didn't.

I couldn't stomach the price to see Waters, many years later, heh.

Reactions: Captante