Anybody know of a decent, cheap espresso machine?

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
So my starter steam-driven one broke recently, and so I thought of getting a slightly better one and brought this yesterday. Unfortunately, it sucks - pump is horribly loud, cups shake, lots of water comes out with the steam and this morning it stopped working and only hot water with a bit of coffee comes out - so its going back to the store.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a decent one for a bit over 100 bucks?

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
all pump ones will be noisier than steam, I have a MR. coffee pump one for $59, not the best, but does the job. If you are not an espresso snob, check out the ECMP40, $59 at Target, I have the older version.

PS: you really need to spend over $300 to get a decent one, the ECMP40 is the best bang for your bucks, will probably last you a yr-3yrs, if you are lucky.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Do I have a deal for you...

Lello 45900 Ariete Espresso/Cappuccino Maker $139.99

I bought one in December, it's a Chinese knock off of a Italian machine, stainless steel, and it works great.

Amazon sold a bunch of them before they received them the manufacturer, so it wasn't rated well, there was a massive thread on F@twallet about the machine, and everyone seemed pretty pleased with it, and I really like mine.

Here's a pic: Text

Also, Starbucks has a promotion that ends today that's a killer deal especially if you know someone that works there & can use their 30% discount on the promotion Text

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Do I have a deal for you...

Lello 45900 Ariete Espresso/Cappuccino Maker $139.99

I bought one in December, it's a Chinese knock off of a Italian machine, stainless steel, and it works great.

Amazon sold a bunch of them before they received them the manufacturer, so it wasn't rated well, there was a massive thread on F@twallet about the machine, and everyone seemed pretty pleased with it, and I really like mine.

Here's a pic: Text

Also, Starbucks has a promotion that ends today that's a killer deal especially if you know someone that works there & can use their 30% discount on the promotion Text

That's an excellent deal, unfortunately I when I tried to buy it turned out they don't ship to Canada (seems they only do it for books and such).

Thinking of buying this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ...itchen#customerReviews

They have it on sale at sears here for $200 CAD, seems like decent deal (regular price is 250).

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Martin, whenever you find something suitable, please PM me... I'm also looking for something similar...

cheers!

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
I just read over at SD that Starbucks has their Barista espresso machine on sale in-store for $99. It usually goes on sale for $199, so $99 is an excellent price. If you go to this page and scroll to the bottom, you can read more about it. It seems that a lot of stores have already sold out of these, so it might be better to call around first or to go to a store and have them call other stores.