Anybody know lots about PWC?

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
I am in the market (well kinda....just looking around) for a PWC for next season.

Does anybody know if Bombardier (Sea-Doo) has any advantages over Yamaha (Waverunner). I assume they are all the same when it comes to reliability....but I'm not 100% sure on that, this is why I ask the question.

Any info would be greatly appriciated.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
We boaters call them "lake lice".

lol...well next time I see you on the water...you had better be pushing some big water for me.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Is it sad that I saw PWC and immediately thought "PriceWaterhouse Coopers"?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: DaTT
We boaters call them "lake lice".

lol...well next time I see you on the water...you had better be pushing some big water for me.

Here you go.

Not much of a wake......I'd probably run through your rooster tail though.

Good luck with that.

Before
After

That place looks very nice. Where is that. You have anymore pictures of your boat and that location?

I also enjoy boating, what are your boat specs?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
...]

That place looks very nice. Where is that. You have anymore pictures of your boat and that location?

I also enjoy boating, what are your boat specs?
It's Rollins Lake, near Colfax, CA.
We live about .75 miles from the lake down out road or 1 miles from the ramp down the main road.

I have a restored, 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV18SS. You saw the outboard version crash through a wedding cake in "Live And Let Die".
Mine is a jet with an Olds 455 engine.
Hence the name, oldsmoboat.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I have a seadoo xp, kawasaki 900zxi, tigershark tsl1000, and two kaw 650 standups.

pretty much anything is more reliable than the seadoo unless you have the 787 engine in which case they are as reliable as the kaw/yammy/honda crowd.

The seadoo 951 however, is just too much hp in a 2 cylinder design imho.

The 4 stroke personal watercraft are all about the same in terms of reliability.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Sit downs are boring as sh!t. You'll have fun on one for about 20 minutes and then you'll be bored. Do yourself a favor and get a stand up. Trust me on this one.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Sit downs are boring as sh!t. You'll have fun on one for about 20 minutes and then you'll be bored. Do yourself a favor and get a stand up. Trust me on this one.

There is no need to trust you on this one. I have been on many "sit down" PWC and have a blast.....for much longer than 20 minutes at a time.

Not sure a stand up would be ideal for where I will be riding it anyways. Travel time to where the "big wakes" are is about 20 minutes, + 4 hours or so jumping wakes + 20 minutes travel time back. Thats alot of standing.