Anybody know a mirror for Hijack This?

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I just downloaded it off ZDnet... it's definitely working... dumbass.
EDIT: Er, I mean "dumbass" in the most affectionate way possible.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
well it's not working for me

it's giving me a server not found error message

//edit//

would you be so kind as to send the program to me? =)

aim@ djchowfun

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I would, but my router doesn't let me send files through AIM and I'm too lazy to fix it for some AT weirdo... :)

Kazaa should have it.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Don't have AIM but sent you an email with hijack this and cwshredder. Hope thats ok.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
OOOKAY

so i'm guessing whatever the fvck screwed me was preventing me from dl'ing all these nice anti-spyware progs

i went to one of those free surf the web annonymously pages, used one of the dl links, and of course it magically works.

freakin eh

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
what's cwshredder?

cuz it's still happening argh

//edit//

MSconfig -> Startup
Spybot S&D
Hijack this

WTF else do I need/!?!?!

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Troj/Regldr-A is a simple Trojan that copies itself to the windows folder as the file Reg32.exe and sets the following registry entry so that it will be executed on system restart:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Reg32
= C:\Windows\Reg32.exe

Troj/Regldr-A will also set the registry entries listed below to point to the page secure.html located in the default Windows folder. This HTML page claims that the system has been compromised by spyware and prompts the user to visit the URL http://www.privacyoutpost.com/enter.html?wm=dkvage.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Default_Page_URL
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Local Page
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Default_Page_URL
HKLM\Software\Microdoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Local Page
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet explorer\Main\Start Page

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
*official* *confirmed*

you can get trojans without ever accepting a download from an email or a download from a webpage

wtfhax

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Anubis should have an FTP link for you shortly (just uploaded the file to him). Also, looks like the main download site for the file, spywareinfo.net IIRC, went down not to long ago. Was working fine earlier today. But anywho.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
A lot of spyware/trojans are blocking access to common spyware-removal sites. Check your HOSTS file to make sure it hasn't been edited to point them to your localhost (ie: 127.0.0.1).

There's also a direct IP link to one of the hijack this mirrors on the webpage. Google for "Hijack This" and one of the links can be viewed in google's cache to get the link.

I think a lot of the mirrors are down, because I was getting 404'ed last night trying to download it for someone else, and my box is spyware-free.