Anybody have experience with a Seasonic S12II-Bronze 520W ?

May 11, 2008
I currently have an Earthwatts 380 from Antec.
I am planning to upgrade the PSU to a Seasonic S12II-Bronze 520W because i want to upgrade to a discrete videocard.
For so far, i read it is a very decent psu and very capable of delivering a constant 500W for prolonged periods of time. And reliable efficiency. In reality i will not be using that amount of power, but it is nice to know that it can handle it with ease.

Anybody know of a review how well the psu can withstand dips in the power supply ?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I currently have an Earthwatts 380 from Antec.
I am planning to upgrade the PSU to a Seasonic S12II-Bronze 520W because i want to upgrade to a discrete videocard.
For so far, i read it is a very decent psu and very capable of delivering a constant 500W for prolonged periods of time. And reliable efficiency. In reality i will not be using that amount of power, but it is nice to know that it can handle it with ease.

Anybody know of a review how well the psu can withstand dips in the power supply?

Do you mean how well it handles dips in the power coming into your house/apartment? If so, I have no idea on that, but a smart UPS will fix that problem.

Outside of that, it was a highly rated power supply (9.7 out of 10) as reviewed at JonnyGuru:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=185

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Line filtering components is what protects a PSU from transients, harmonic distortions, and the like. Usually, the reviewers don't give you a tutorial, just a number of components. The Seasonic is loaded with such components, as the JonnyGURU teardown shows.

PSUs also can operate down to 100 volts.

If you want to stabilize voltages, you install a dedicated device to do that job before the PSU. A UPS with automatic voltage regulation will do. I suppose other products can regulate just voltage, but then pricing becomes an issue.

May 11, 2008
Thanks for the reply. Johnnyguru made a nice review.
I guess that this supply is a good one to buy. It will never be fully loaded, short spikes to perhaps 60% of its capability.
That is nice, i like a little overprovision.