Anybody have exp. with adoption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
I am an adoptee from upstate NY. I only have non identifying information and have been searching for years. I even paid pretty good money to a private investigating company that specialized in adoption to find my birth mother, but they couldn't turn anything up. I have searched a few online data banks to see if maybe she had registered in those places, but no luck. I am going to call the county clerk on Monday to see if maybe the laws have changed at all so I could get more documentation that could lead to me finding her. Does anybody have any other information that could help me?

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i adopted a child from an impoverished thrid world country (HAL)

for only 1 pound a day

Last edited:

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
I'm a member of these forums, which will probably be of more use. Some super helpful people and stories here.

http://forums.adoption.com/

Edit: In particular, the search and reunion sub forum may help you.
http://forums.adoption.com/search-reunion/

Yeah I signed up on that forum today and also isxrr ? Somehthing very similar to that. I was looking on that first forum there and it doesn't seem like a ton of people were having luck getting reunited through it. Posted made like 5-6 years with still no replies to it. It's really tough bc I have absolutely no identifying information and NY makes it really hard to get it. Perhaps I could make a medical case to get into the hospital record or something.. Last I checked all those official birth records are sealed and confidential unless for medical purpose. What's even more retarded is that adoption agency sent me an edit to the non identifying info a few years back that said different shit than the one I had since I was a little boy. Makes me so uPset bc it's my god damn right to know who my mother and father are, and they make it near Impossible.

And lol to HAL being from a 3rd world country.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Yeah I signed up on that forum today and also isxrr ? Somehthing very similar to that. I was looking on that first forum there and it doesn't seem like a ton of people were having luck getting reunited through it. Posted made like 5-6 years with still no replies to it. It's really tough bc I have absolutely no identifying information and NY makes it really hard to get it. Perhaps I could make a medical case to get into the hospital record or something.. Last I checked all those official birth records are sealed and confidential unless for medical purpose. What's even more retarded is that adoption agency sent me an edit to the non identifying info a few years back that said different shit than the one I had since I was a little boy. Makes me so uPset bc it's my god damn right to know who my mother and father are, and they make it near Impossible.

And lol to HAL being from a 3rd world country.

I don't think that the adoption forums is the place to get re-united but it can be a good place to hear what worked for other people and get tips on where the good spots are to try.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
My main concern is a hired a private grouP to find he , and after 1 year they turned up nothing. I mean, how am I, little ol me supposed to top that company ? Idk I guess I will call the county clerk Monday and keep sifting through that adoption forum. I read on that adoption forum that in ny that sometImes the info in the non identifying section might even be wrong or a flat out lie. That was just awesome to find out.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
My main concern is a hired a private grouP to find he , and after 1 year they turned up nothing. I mean, how am I, little ol me supposed to top that company ? Idk I guess I will call the county clerk Monday and keep sifting through that adoption forum. I read on that adoption forum that in ny that sometImes the info in the non identifying section might even be wrong or a flat out lie. That was just awesome to find out.

I dunno, not all private investigators are created equal. Some really just phone it in and don't do a lot of good work. Even the ones that do, well, they aren't working with the same motivation you are.

Heck, 4chan could probably get it faster than an investigator. But then, you don't want the first contact with your parents to be gay strippers at their door. ;)

todpod

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2001
I don't know how much help this is but in PA the laws have changed significantly to allow more information to be passed, I do think at least some of it was driven by federal law which may help in NY,

Blieb

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2000
I have no experience with this, so forgive my naivety ...

Can you obtain the original birth certificate?

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
I have no experience with this, so forgive my naivety ...

Can you obtain the original birth certificate?

Don't know about NY but here the only birth certificate you can obtain is an edited one that has the adopted parents are the birth parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.