Anybody ever drag raced?

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Reason I ask is because several guys from 3si.org (3000GT/Stealth International) are going to be going to Rockingham, NC to drag race on Sunday... trying to figure out if it's going to be worth it for me to drive 2 hours from Raleigh to get there. Anybody ever done it? Is it as big of a rush as I think it would be? :)
I'll be taking my 95 Base 3000GT automatic... so I won't be the fastest thing there but it'll be nice to get some timeslips and see how I do for my first time out... and find out how much $$$ I should save up towards mods like a supercharger or twin turbo upgrade.. maybe nos. ;)

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Yep.. very heavy.. and very fast :)
For our size/weight ratio we're pretty damn fast and handle great... I've got 160 on my speedo (base model) and I know people that have seen that... the VR4 (twin turbo, awd, aws) have 180 on their speedo.. don't know anybody that's seen that ;)
They launch quicker tho thanx to the added traction.
This is a bad picture of what my car looks like... my car :)

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
They aren't out yet but they're speculated to be coming out with 3 flavors.. starting @ 80HP for about $4000... all the way up to 450HP which involves a little more work ;)
Think they're releasing them this month. (GTPro)

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
$4000?! damn thats expensive(especially because i'm canadian :p) i hope you make a lot ;)

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Drag racing is fun, especially after you get the hang of it. The only bad side effect is, when you go for the first time, your car is never as fast as you thought it was.....this tends to have an adverse effect on the old wallet as you try to get your et's "up to par".

BTW, I'm from Raleigh too....if you want to have some fun and not have to drive as far, go to Dunn-Benson or Piedmont when their Thursday night test-n-tunes start. Tons and tons of street cars there.

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
one time at 3 am on a major city street here in cambridge, i was driving in my parents minivan with my friends and we raced another minivan full of teenagers and more importantly I WON!

*kat. <-- race car driver wanna be.