Anybody Else Mixes Vodka With Soda?

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
I like to buy those cheap small bottles of vodka and put it in a bottle of soda and was wondering if anybody else did this.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Cheap small bottles? A 1.75L bottle of Taaka is like $8 around here.
How much is your cheap small bottle?
And no, I dont mix with soda.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Mixing spirits with soda ruins the spirit and ruins the soda. Miniatures are for alcoholics. If you want to drink vodka properly, put the bottle in the freezer, and drink a shot straight. best after some fish and onion on rye crackers. The fish you want is surströmming. You'll have to buy online, but it'll exceed expectations.

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD and dank69

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
How does getting liquored up tie into your strategy for retaining your independence?

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Mixing spirits with soda ruins the spirit and ruins the soda. Miniatures are for alcoholics. If you want to drink vodka properly, put the bottle in the freezer, and drink a shot straight. best after some fish and onion on rye crackers. The fish you want is surströmming. You'll have to buy online, but it'll exceed expectations.
What does the mixing do to the spirits? There are many drinks that include soda. Rum & coke, Jack & coke are two right off the back.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Yes, this can be done for sure. I have had vodka and mountain dew. Pretty good.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
What does the mixing do to the spirits? There are many drinks that include soda. Rum & coke, Jack & coke are two right off the back.
And they both suck. They're for children who want to hide the flavor of the spirit behind a bunch of sugar. Same as gin and koolaid.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Saying mixed drinks "suck" is like saying a particular flavor of ice-cream "sucks" because you don't happen to like it.

;)

what-if-i-cl60bn.jpg

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Saying mixed drinks "suck" is like saying a particular flavor of ice-cream "sucks" because you don't happen to like it.

;)
No. Rum and coke is an artless concoction that only exists cause it gets you fucked up on substandard spirits with the flavor masked by ultra sweet soda. I can appreciate the irony of this in a thread about vodka, but good vodka has some charm.

edit:
From wikipedia...

Drink critics often have a low opinion of the cocktail. Writer Wayne Curtis called it "a drink of inspired blandness",[6] while Jason Wilson of The Washington Post called it "a lazy person's drink".[16] Troy Patterson of Slate called it "the classic mediocre Caribbean-American highball", which "became a classic despite not being especially good".[18]

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
No. Rum and coke is an artless concoction that only exists cause it gets you fucked up on substandard spirits with the flavor masked by ultra sweet soda. I can appreciate the irony of this in a thread about vodka, but good vodka has some charm.

edit:
From wikipedia...

Drink critics often have a low opinion of the cocktail. Writer Wayne Curtis called it "a drink of inspired blandness",[6] while Jason Wilson of The Washington Post called it "a lazy person's drink".[16] Troy Patterson of Slate called it "the classic mediocre Caribbean-American highball", which "became a classic despite not being especially good".[18]

In your opinion. ;)

*(it's rough I know)

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Sometimes you want to sip on a nice Lagavulin and sometimes you want to figure out exactly how much alcohol it takes to override the LSD. There are no wrong answers here.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
If you got a cheap Whisky lying around it's usually not bad with a coke.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Say what you will, but you can't deny it's popularity.

Frankly in MY opinion all soda is nasty and drinking most hard liquor straight-up is roughly equivalent to intentionally chugging down kerosene taste-wise.

;)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Cheap vodka is already ruined from the start, but mixing it with soda makes it tolerable.
But the best way to drink vodka properly is in a white russian.

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
A nice old fashion for me please. But if I want to just get a drunk, like on an airplane, I'll take a jack and coke or ginger ale and vodka.

Reactions: nakedfrog