Anybody else hoping for a PC release of GTA3: Vice City?

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
It would suck if they dont release it. I may have to buy a playstation just for that game. According to fan sites, Rockstar will release the game for PC later on since the sony-r* contract is console-exclusive and the PC doesnt count as a console.

However, in this thread, Radeon says that the deal was made after the original GTA3 came out so it wont be like it was with GTA3, where it comes out for the PS2 and then for the PC a few months later.

The gaming goodness of GTA3 times 2, and the modding potential of a PC version is too much to pass up, in my opinion.

Here's to hoping...

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
the modding potential of a PC version is too much to pass up

Are there any mods for the PC version of GTA3??

Im sure GTA Vice City will come to the PC

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Renob
the modding potential of a PC version is too much to pass up

Are there any mods for the PC version of GTA3??

Im sure GTA Vice City will come to the PC

yep, there are several. go to

Gta3Mods.com for some info.

Also, there was a bit of news after GTA3 came out and one of it's developers was asked about multiplayer for GTa3, and they said that it was possible for the next release. This would be friggin insanity. Imagine the mayhem...:D

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
My guess is that it'll probably get released, but possibly as long as 6-8months after the PS2 release.
This is just a guess though... I really have no idea regarding Rockstar's plans and little knowledge on the details behind their deal with Sony.

Personally I don't mind waiting though... GTAIII stunned me in that I actually enjoyed it quite a lot.
I hated GTA I/II and typically don't venture outside of RPG/Sports anyway.

I look forward to Vice City, but I don't expect to enjoy it substantially more then, or perhaps even as much as GTAIII so I've no qualms with waiting however long it takes.
Besides, at the frequency at which I play GTAIII it'' likely be a good number of months before I finish it anyway.