Any1 install the Catalyst 2.2 with the 6125 WDM drivers ?

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
bump, I guess no one installed the wdm 6125 because they are not compatible with the catalyst 2.2

Instan00dles

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2001
There is a thread over a rage3d about this, I think I remember reading that you need to use the new leaked WDM files with the new catalyst drivers or something. Check the thread over arage3d in the radeon drivers and catalyst section, there is a thread about the new drivers.

max105

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
I tried them, but then I can only get the video card itself to work without any of hte other "wonder" features. there's a particular issue with the tv-tuner that most people are having trouble with. I uninstalled the 2.2 drivers and went back to 2.1. I used all the updated drivers/software for everything else and it's all working great now.

BTW, I don't know if it's just me or not...but going back to the Catalyst 2.1 drivers jumped my 3dmark score alot too.
Catalyst 2.2
Catalyst 2.1

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
I've been using the 6142's for the last couple weeks, work great with catalyst 2.2

max105

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
where'd did you get the 6142 drivers from? Are those the leaked WDM drivers?

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
You don't need the leaked drivers. You need to re-download the WDM drivers that are on the ATI site. ATI forgot to update the version number of the WDMs on their site. They say 6125 but the ones released in June are in fact different than the ones currently on their site. I stumbled upon this and posted my findings on rage3D but it seems the message may have been lost to many people. Once you download the new WDMs and install them, all should go well. They new Catalyst 2.2s are running like butter on my system. Geez, I wish rage3d would post this stuff on the front page.

max105

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
I downloaded the new 6125 drivers too after I read that message on the rage3d board but it still wouldn't work. But after going through all that time of installing and reinstalling drivers, I'm content with what I have now. I don't wanna mess with it for the moment and I seem to be getting pretty good performance anyways.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Did you either 1) physically remove the directory where ATI stores the driver setup files or 2) upon installation of the new 6125s say "yes" to overwrite all files? If you didn't, then you were just setting up the old drivers. ATI really made a mistake on this one and should have, at the very least called these version 6125a.

max105

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
yea, i always overwrote the drivers when I tried reinstalling the drivers. i'm probably gonna try a clean it on a clean install of windows sometime this week to see if it works. maybe some of the old drivers are still there somewhere. anyways, as long as i have the stuff working, i'm pretty content. i just bought the card a little over a week ago and just wanted to get everything up and running.