Any1 else having sound issues in f1 2011?

Silverknite

Sep 18, 2011
seems the sound breaks up and gets staticky as soon as I get to the pit to start a race...... last night I installed DirectX, updated the software for my g27 and did a sfc/scannow using the command prompt and everything checked out fine.

other than that I have tried reinstalling the game three times so far nothing has changed....

you may think its my sound card which is what I though initially, but this is the only game I am having issues in.... I also noticed that the wheel stops working as soon as drive out of the pits... either the game is reaaally BUGGY or something is creating a conflict.

for some reason f1 2010 played perfectly and now 2011 is making me want to shot myself in the foot for buying it so soon....

if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this please dont hesitate in adding your two cents... I am willing to try anything at this point lol

Silverknite

Sep 18, 2011
does it still use that crappy, unnecessary blue ripple audio driver? i would poke around with that.

indeed it does.... thats one of the other things I did was update that software but it didnt do anything.

to make matters worse the game doesn't have the hardware option anymore...so youre stuck using their useless software.

Last edited:

Silverknite

Sep 18, 2011
figured out what the problem was... I uninstalled Rapture 3D and the game became perfectly playable with perfect sound :)