Any Weezer fans here? Need suggestions..

BScott881

Mar 30, 2001
I've heard very little of their music, but like their sound. I was wondering what your suggestions might be for good tracks... Thanks.

KEV1N

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2000
You need to buy both Weezer (1994 - The Blue Album) -and- Pinkerton. The whole albums.

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Rallispec
buddy holly
undone (the sweater song)
my name is jonas
dope nose
hash pipe
dont let go

i'd like to add:
photograph
keep fishin
butterfly
crab

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
"My name is Jonas! and I'm carrying the will!!! Thanks for all you've shown us, this is how we feel..."

I luv their old stuff. The Blue Albulm is one of my favorite CD's. I can't seem to get into the new stuff though.

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002
Weezer is one my all-time favorite bands... I also agree that you have to get "the blue album" and Pinkerton. Both are excellent excellent albums!

I actually like the new stuff too... I guess I'm a somewhat rabid fan, but I really do like both new albums quite a bit. "Death and Destruction" on Maladroit is a new favorite of mine, by the way.

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Oh how I love weezer. One of my fav bands. Just saw them in concert 2 weeks ago. Anyway, do like everyone else has said, the Blue album is perfect and the Pinkerton album sounds weird or different to some people (it is but I LOVE it) and you should pick up that as well.

That said here is my list of what you should downloa... err I mean listen to :)

Blue
-Holiday
-In the Garage
-My Name is Jonas
-Only In Dreams (kickass song to go to sleep to)
-Say it ain't so
-Surf Wax America
-Undone
Pink
-Across The Sea (one of my personal favs)
-El Scorcho
-Tired of Sex
-Why Bother
Green
-Don't Let Go
-Hash Pipe
-Island in the Sun
-Simple Pages
-Photograph
Maladroit
-American Gigolo
-Burndt Jamb
-Dope Nose
-Keep Fishin'
-Slave
-Slob
-Love Explosion

and one that most people don't know about that rocks is Velouria
you can also go to their website weezer.com and download some new stuff that they may put on the next album

WEEZER FREAKIN ROCKS =\/\/=

SerraYX

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2001
The Green Album was terrible. It was 28 minutes (yes, I had to pay $14 for TWENTY EIGHT MINUTES OF MUSIC) of a continuous, monotonous super happy guitar. Maladroit is basically the Green Album part 2.

Buy the albums before Green, and you're good. Oh, and the next person who compares their "emo" to the whiny losers like Dashboard Confessional gets a spear in the face.

bizmark

Banned
Feb 4, 2002
the last two tracks from the blue album. "Holiday" and "Only in Dreams" (as was said, a great going-to-sleep song). Over and over and over again.