Any Way to RESET SERVICES and LOG ON info in Windows 7??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFudge2000

Dec 11, 2000
Sorry to insult anyone here if this isnt technical enough for you, but not one person in all the other Anand Forums knew how to do this, so Im reaching out to the mighty exalted gifted techno ones....

Folks, my kid (or maybe me :) ) was screwin around with my Windows 7 SERVICES and the LOG ON tabs in an attempt to get something working and now I dont know how to get certain services to START up again.

In the EVENT VIEWER Im getting lots of ERRORS that certain SERVICES failed to start because:

errors like this for several of the different services:

"The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error:
The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process."

I've tried to mimick, the settings AND the LOG ON credentials from my laptop but it seems like some services will start fine but then others I still cant fix because of errors like the above. So Im wondering if there is simply a way to RESET all my services and LOG ON information and settings with either a file I can import and run. Or a Registry tweak I can install.

Or anything that would automate the process a little better than going into each SERVICE, then go into each LOG ON TAB and then cross reference the User Accounts in control of each Service. I've made some progress but many still are errroring out in the event veiwer and I suspect its because of all the detailed DEPENDANCIES for each Service that I may not be able to change

I've come here because Anandtech Forum is pretty helpless with responses

I would greatly appreciate some assistance

thansk

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
When it comes to services information, I highly recommend this site.

As for your user/service specific problem it sounds as if your profile had some data overwritten with another profile.

Try giving the current user profile administrative rights and see if that corrects the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.