Any way to have no margins in Word?

IanE

Jul 12, 2004
So my boss asked me to make a table of schedules for him to fill in with information... the thing is it has to be landscape and it has to occupy the entire page... I tried page setup and moving the ruler markers but I can't get it to print without margins... he claims he did it once before years ago, but doesn't remember how.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Cheetah8799

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2001
When you go to page setup, just set the top, left, right, bottom margins all to 0. Depending on your printer drivers though, Word should determine that it won't print properly and ask if you want to fix them, or ignore. I usually let it fix them so that I can make sure my text is actually printed.

For the most part, you won't be able to get the table edges all the way out to the edge of the paper. Simply because the printer doesn't print all the way out to the edge of the paper...

IanE

Jul 12, 2004
See, that's what I told him, that the printer can't go out that far, that's when he said he printed it before on the same exact printer, which I now severly doubt, he's not very technology literate, and his English isn't very good either... I'll play with it some, but if I click Fix, it goes to Left .5" and right .25"... bah.

IanE

Jul 12, 2004
So I clicked Ignore and adjusted the table to be about 1/8" from each side... and still it prints .5" from the left, and .25" from the right...

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Very few printers can print right to the edge of the page. It's a problem with your printer, not Word.

IanE

Jul 12, 2004
That's what I thought... he still says he printed it on this printer with Word years ago... the printer's an HP Deskjet 600... A mystery indeed.

WW

Golden Member
Jun 21, 2001
print it as big as the printer will do, then cut off the edges...he didn't say it had to be standard size :)

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
If the printer can nadle a larger size paper, use that with a scaling factor to make it match up nicely to the target size.